[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Spawn suggestion....

DevilsbishopDevilsbishop
Reactions: 1,170
edited July 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi all!

I know no one important really reads these, but its just my 2 pence on the whole spawn issue.
Its just an idea, so please keep the flames to a minimum but heres my idea:

Introduce a spawn scaling system, each map has 'a rank' from -11 to +11 (I'll explain shortly.)

Take our current maps, with no spawn increasing effects. That would be the 0 mark.

Starting from 0, if a map is not being used it will slowly decrease in both spawn rate and amount (Saving data / server space for what ever else is going on elsewhere in the game). Until you get to -11 which no spawn will appear until someone comes into the map then it will tick to -10, and you'll have 3 or so spawn, and so will increase as you kill increasing to the 'soft cap' of +7 IF you can kill quickly enough. The basis of this idea is coming from spawn being relative to the person in the map. So if you can frequently clear the map, it will provide more up to a limit.

I mention a soft cap for those who want to Kishin or improve spawn with Totems of which ever variety. This section will cover them;
In short,
Kishin and the Totems, increase the 'rank' of the map by 2.5. so would be 9.5 at max.

and for those with the Frenzy Totem - what ever the map level is at in terms of 'rank' will become 11. - if you cast then leave the map, the spawn will adjust downwards to the main killing of the map (But if you stay in the map and keep on top of it. it will stay at max obviously).

In terms of timing of each 'rank':

Increase:
The 'rank' of each map goes up quicker than it comes down, for example from -11 to 0 per spawn killed increases by 1 until rank 0. Then every 3 spawns that come. until 5, then every 6 spawns. (by spawns I mean whole map being killed). If you enter a map which was -11 it will automatically go to -10, so you can build on that.

Decrease:
If no one is in the map - the rank will decrease by 1 every 1 or 2 minutes (all the way to -11) . If someone is in the map it will decrease every 5 or 10 minutes, giving time to use the loo, chat to friends etc.

It seems logical to me, I know the effects of Frenzy would be pretty nerfed some might feel but for the overall player base I think it would be helpful.
I am aware at current some jobs do not have the capacity to kill whole maps very quickly. But it would help boost the want to progress to be able to kill more/ more quickly. (More NX for Nexon etc etc)

Edit: Putting intervals between 6-11( 6.5 etc) would mean an increase in the rate of spawn

Comments

• LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited July 2020
    Basically this is another burning field system but with spawn. Sounds interesting but that frenzy part would really suck. That would mean you couldn't buy frenzy service which is still quite much the way to go for later lvls. I know kms doesn't have frenzy or kish but if it exists there's no reason to not use it.
    And killing based increase sounds bit dumb due to botters mainly and well there's some classes which can kill damn fast whole map no matter how many mobs there are and some classes would struggle to even kill the whole map. Main reason why frenzy,kish, wild and fury are so good exp boost is that not only you have more monsters to kill but you get those combo kills from them so it's huge boost and it should still be decent to grind even without those.
    Some classes wouldn't really be able to do anything without kish/frenzy and on higher lvls the maps are starting to get quite big and killing whole map on those isn't really that easy. And well some dailies (krhm* morass krhm*) would be totally pain with that kind of system (kill 200 monsters quest, you would be about done when you reach normal spawn but the quest would take like 5-6x longer)
  • DevilsbishopDevilsbishop
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited July 2020
    They could implement an alarm type system for those maps that are at rank 11. So a GM can moderate them. Because how many Frenzy Totems can there be?

With what your saying about jobs killing differently, that is fine, but if you have mobs at current with out Kish /frenzy, what is the point of getting the service if you can't handle the mobs?

Agreed the higher level maps are huge, perhaps some adjustments for the larger maps, or perhaps considering the theme of saving server space (I'm not clued in IT) make those larger maps smaller.

The whole point of this system is to improve solo play, not need a service to get by or feel like you're getting by.

'some classes need Kish or frenzy'? No one needs anything. As above, if you can't handle the mobs there in the first place why get more?
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited July 2020
    it's not about clearing the map in one go, it's about making bigger multikill. Some classes (like hero,luminous,I/L...) can just stand still and basically clear the map while some (merc,jett,illium...) need to move around the map and clear it slower and to make it most efficient maby have some summon skill clear the most distant platforms.
    Clearing 3 mobs at once give 3% extra exp from multikill and clearing 10+ is (4,5%xmobs killed). Frenzy is for that 10+ multikill efficiency and less w8 time between spawns.
    Well frenzy is one item i doubt it's used illicitly that much (expensive and risking item worth more than 1000€ is a little bit huge gamble) so the alarm system isn't really required.