[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can nothing be done about KSing?

Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
Reactions: 1,485
edited July 2020 in General Chat
I'm sure the threads been created a million times but, can nothing be done? It's getting out of hand and makes me not want to play when all channels of a map are being used, you find one and someone just comes in not giving a crap and just ksing you. Especially when it's a class with better mobbing.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Ask them to leave and report them if they don't, it's technically against the rules.
    Other than waiting for them to leave or get banned, no there isn't really anything.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Ask them to leave and report them if they don't, it's technically against the rules.
    Other than waiting for them to leave or get banned, no there isn't really anything.

I doubt it's against the rules at all. People won't get banned for ksing, it's not worth the report cuz you'll be flooding their reports with bs like this.

To the OP, honestly just wait it out. Most people who KS just want the map and if they can't get it, they'll end up leaving cuz you won't. Happened a few times to me, if you're killing the mobs and the other person is too, he's getting less exp which he'll leave. Doesn't always work though also being on a high pop server doesn't help.
    Wesleyx3
  • Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
    edited July 2020
    Albinorock wrote: »

I doubt it's against the rules at all. People won't get banned for ksing, it's not worth the report cuz you'll be flooding their reports with bs like this.

To the OP, honestly just wait it out. Most people who KS just want the map and if they can't get it, they'll end up leaving cuz you won't. Happened a few times to me, if you're killing the mobs and the other person is too, he's getting less exp which he'll leave. Doesn't always work though also being on a high pop server doesn't help.

Despite this, i actually went ahead and submitted a manual ticket via Nexon support site. This kind of behavior should not be allowed in my opinion...it's basically directly griefing someone when you hop into their map and start ksing them when you can clearly see they're training there and were there before you.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Engaging in conduct that is harmful, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, intimidating, discriminatory, violent or encouraging of violence (including self-harm), stalking, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable in Nexon’s sole discretion, including without limitation looting, kill stealing, making sexual comments, or cursing.

It IS against the rules, regardless if you think it's worth reporting or not, it is against the rules.
    Wesleyx3
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2020
    Ludus22 wrote: »
    I'm sure the threads been created a million times but, can nothing be done? It's getting out of hand and makes me not want to play when all channels of a map are being used, you find one and someone just comes in not giving a crap and just ksing you. Especially when it's a class with better mobbing.

Simple. Be social. Make friends. Then when some @as comes to ks u, call upon ur homies to completely obliterate the map together until the kser leaves
  • Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
    edited July 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

Simple. Be social. Make friends. Then when some @as comes to ks u, call upon ur homies to completely obliterate the map together until the kser leaves

I did actually try to ask in guild chat if anyone wanted to come help KS but got no responses :( was late at night.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Engaging in conduct that is harmful, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, intimidating, discriminatory, violent or encouraging of violence (including self-harm), stalking, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable in Nexon’s sole discretion, including without limitation looting, kill stealing, making sexual comments, or cursing.

It IS against the rules, regardless if you think it's worth reporting or not, it is against the rules.

Show me where it says that it is against the rules?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020

https://www.nexon.com/main/en/legal/tou

Section 5: Code of Conduct.

Alternatively:
    https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/206476063-Code-of-Conduct

Section 6: Harassment
    Wesleyx3
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020

https://www.nexon.com/main/en/legal/tou

Section 5: Code of Conduct.

Ahh thank you. I searched for it after i posted that comment. Sure it is against the rules but reporting wont get them banned. Prob a talking to or something. They also should make it an option when you report them ingame instead of making a ticket.
    People will ks, trick you to leave your map, etc. But there are other maps to train on aswell.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Technically you could file a report in-game, as there are multiple very broad subjects for filing a report, but there isn't one specifically for "kill stealing".
    As far as getting banned for the offensive, it just depends on the GM handling the case, repeat offensives, etc etc.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    Technically you could file a report in-game, as there are multiple very broad subjects for filing a report, but there isn't one specifically for "kill stealing".
    As far as getting banned for the offensive, it just depends on the GM handling the case, repeat offensives, etc etc.

Yeah that is true, i have met some nice GMs that go above and beyond but then other just shut you down.
    Wesleyx3
  • BobwasnothereBobwasnothere
    Reactions: 405
    edited July 2020

• SengaraSengara
    Reactions: 990
    edited July 2020
    WRONG THREAD