[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fast Travel Guide

KurtKurt
Reactions: 1,160
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2016 in Game Guides
Welcome to my Fast Travel Guide for MapleStory. This guide's purpose is to help players navigate the game both quickly and efficiently. I will discuss a few of the best means of transportation in the game as of the Fifth Job Update update (v.179).

As of me writing this guide, the best free method of travel involves using the Interdimensional Portal located at Six Path Crossway on Victoria Island. Interacting with the portal will give you the option to go to Pantheon. Once you are moved to Pantheon, you will need to click the portal once more to have access to most of the major towns in-game. I will explain to you the quickest methods of reaching Six Path Crossway so you may utilize the Interdimensional Portal whenever needed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quickest way to Six Path Crossway (free) (Lvl 100+)
Mushroom Shrine Tales brought with it the fastest method of travel back to the town of Henesys. I have determined this the fastest method because it requires no return scroll or need to use the Dimensional Mirror in any way.

1) Go to the left of your screen and click the light bulb icon and accept the quest "[Mushroom Shrine Tales] Go to the Mushroom Shrine."
2) Once you are moved, locate the green crystal called "Heart of Zipangu." This will allow you to move to Henesys.
3) Once you reach Henesys, on the left of your screen you should select "Quick Move."
4) Select the ship icon and move to Victoria Tree Platform. Descend down the ladder in this map and you will reach Six Path Crossway.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternative way to Six Path Crossway (free) (Lvl 33+)
For players who have not reached level 100 or above, there is another quick method you can use. This will require starting FriendStory and watching a short cut-scene. (This is a one-time requirement.)

1) Locate the Dimensional Mirror located in various towns throughout the game and select FriendStory as your destination.
2) Once moved, take the portal to your left to reach the town of Henesys.
3) Once you reach Henesys, on the left of your screen you should select "Quick Move."
4) Select the ship icon and move to Victoria Tree Platform. Descend down the ladder in this map and you will reach Six Path Crossway.

Most efficient method of transporation in-game (Requires NX/Mesos)

1) Visit the cash shop at the bottom of your screen and find the tab to the left called "Time Savers." Locate the item named "Hyper Teleport Rock."
2) Depending on the world you are in, the item will require either mesos or NX to purchase.
3) Once purchased, you may teleport using the world map and even directly to another player instantly.

Maple Guide (free) (Lvl 10+)
Upon logging in, you will notice a small box called the Maple Guide. This is a super helpful tool for quickly teleporting to training spots around your level. I highly suggest using this as another fast method of travel.
AggraphineJettLuvsUSwordStakerPeiyuBlueMomTeresa

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    The second-quickest free method of transportation requires simply sitting through the FriendStory intro sequence. Alishan dumps you in random places in Henesys, but FS will always poop you out of the closet house or whatever it's called.

Just throwin it out there, not to detract at all from what you've already got.
    KurtMomTeresa
  • KurtKurt
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

The second-quickest free method of transportation requires simply sitting through the FriendStory intro sequence. Alishan dumps you in random places in Henesys, but FS will always poop you out of the closet house or whatever it's called.

Just throwin it out there, not to detract at all from what you've already got.
    I am aware of that method as well. It probably is faster in the long run. I put Alishan because it doesn't require the cutscene, but that's a one time deal. I will update it to give this method as well. Thank you.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    My usual procedure for Alishan is, given that I hit 33 in the midst of the Ellinel Fairy Academy theme dungeon, to use Alishan as a fast trip out of the theme dungeon, to Henesys, then take the cab to Ellinia and continue with the graduate search part of the theme dungeon.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    you can use the maple guide if your level 190+ and go click on the world tree area and you'll be there in no time.
  • KurtKurt
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

you can use the maple guide if your level 190+ and go click on the world tree area and you'll be there in no time.
    Before world tree came out, I would use the guide to move to Scrapyard. I'll have to remember that as a quick way to Sleepywood.
  • PeiyuPeiyu
    Reactions: 650
    edited October 2016
    Can't you use a sleepywood scroll if ur in root abyss and then go outside of sleepywood?
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    I'm probably going get a lot of grief for this but that Pantheon Portal really needs to be fixed.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Just go to Veracent. O wait...
  • KurtKurt
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Updated to reflect some of the recent changes with content accessibility. Re-worded for simpler understanding. The Mushroom Shrine method is certainly the quickest free method of transport I have found. If you think you know an even faster way, I'd like to hear your suggestions.
  • CaeleeCaelee
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Kritias has a nice portal on the 3rd Town map (to the right)
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    i miss the nlc train ride