[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

OMG, What's going on here?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Oh, look who's back!

3 VFM's and 5 VFM's-in-training (though I don't know what powers they have), and the spambots are running loose.
    Let's see how long this lasts. Started at exactly 8:30 UTC, so about half an hour so far.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Oh you found the thread, I was looking for it too. It's my favorite.
    JettLuvsU
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Wait... I thought accounts had to be manually approved now? At least that's what I gathered from this quote:
    Neospector wrote: »
    Approval is a manual process but it's rather heuristic. I used to decline obvious gibberish names, and that worked for a while, and then bots switched to selecting a combination of real words. Then it was based on something else, and bots bypassed that too now, I think.
    Did someone accidentally approve multiple gibberish names? :o
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Wait... I thought accounts had to be manually approved now? At least that's what I gathered from this quote:
    Neospector wrote: »
    Approval is a manual process but it's rather heuristic. I used to decline obvious gibberish names, and that worked for a while, and then bots switched to selecting a combination of real words. Then it was based on something else, and bots bypassed that too now, I think.
    Did someone accidentally approve multiple gibberish names? :o

No, I think someone accidentally left the Non-GMS section open for unapproved members to post in.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    I got it, I got it, calm down.
    AKradianJettLuvsUIts2Sharp4UInvulgo