[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unoffical petition to make shared cash shop

xactobonoxactobono
Reactions: 200
edited September 2016 in General Chat
Has anyone else ever found it slightly annoying that they cannot share cash items between players if one is a hero and another is an explorer? Is there even any real reason for this? If we're putting money into an account, we should be able to share things that we buy between our characters, I think
  1. Make shared cash storage between all playable characters on an account?12 votes
    1. Of course, I want to be able to use my items on whichever character I want
       92% (11 votes)
    2. I like spending tremendous amounts of money for no apparent reason
       8% (1 vote)

Comments

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited September 2016
    I believe the reason was expounded on by one of the wiser members of the forums once but from what I remember of the post, the reason started with the coming of the Cygnus Knights who were ~*special*~ so of course they can't share the same CS inventories as the regular Explorers! And then it just snowballed from there with each additional class getting their own Cash Shop invos.

The ambiguously good news towards this step is that KMS apparently had the Cash Shops of the same categories of characters merged (ex: Resistance share CS with other Resistance). Why's it ambiguously good news? Because no one knows if this update will come to GMS.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited September 2016
    I hope they eventually merge them all
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    They won't merge them all(nice biased poll choices btw, OP), but each group is going to have a shared one like Explorers. Meaning all the Hero classes, Resistance, Nova, etc.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    PhoenixKumo

I believe the reason was expounded on by one of the wiser members of the forums once but from what I remember of the post, the reason started with the coming of the Cygnus Knights who were ~*special*~ so of course they can't share the same CS inventories as the regular Explorers! And then it just snowballed from there with each additional class getting their own Cash Shop invos.
    It's not so much a reason as an excuse. The real reason is simply greed.

http://forum2.nexon.net/showthread.php?1473500-Why-does-only-explorers-share-a-cash-inventory&p=12096107&viewfull=1#post12096107&nxid=6

Short answer: Historical reasons.

Longer answer:

Initially all characters shared the cash inventory.
    The general attitude then was that you have one real character, and all the other characters on the account, if there were any (there were only 3 slots per world given for free), were no more than storage mules.

Then came Cygnus Knights, and their Empress's Blessing skill. They were the first characters that Nexon wanted people to create even if they already have a "main", just to buff it. Nexon actually gave out a special character slot for them, which would be deleted if you deleted your Cygnus Knight. They really wanted people to make these. And even more than that, they wanted people to buy new clothes and pets and things for them.

You have to remember that this was before Tot, before Big Bang, before easy leveling. Even though Cygnus Knights were easier to level than other classes, it was still expected to take a few months to get one to level 120, the cap at the time. Can't really play that long without all the Cash Shop perks one is used to, right? So Nexon gave the Cygnus Knights separate cash inventories, to prevent them using their mains' cash gear. They tried to tout this as something special and exclusive to the Cygnus Knights, but yeah. Basically, greed.

The old classes that existed before Cygnus Knights got the collective name "Explorers" or sometimes "Adventurers", and they got to keep their shared cash inventory.
    But every class added since then had individual cash inventories, for the same reason: greed.
    PhoenixKumo

The ambiguously good news towards this step is that KMS apparently had the Cash Shops of the same categories of characters merged (ex: Resistance share CS with other Resistance). Why's it ambiguously good news? Because no one knows if this update will come to GMS.
    It's also ambiguously good because while it's a step in the right direction, Nexon could decide that that's "generous" enough of them, and delay another decade before fully sharing Cash Shop storage.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I hope the semi-merge won't mean that there will be less cash transfer events.