[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Question on who is better?

Funimation01Funimation01
Reactions: 1,010
edited September 2016 in General Chat
i'm having trouble to see which is better because i know both have something unique about them but i would like to also know pro's and cons if possible ty for all the help <3
  1. Which is better?13 votes
    1. Blaze Wizard
       8% (1 vote)
    2. Explorer mage
       92% (12 votes)

Comments

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited September 2016
    In my opinion (and in my experience), Explorer mage would be better because Blaze Wizards go through their MP like crazy not to mention their mobility is kind of meh. They can't teleport, double-jumping like every other class but without a skill to boost base movement speed, they're kind of slow especially in a map with lots of ropes and ladders. At least with Explorer mage, you could pick out which of the three pathways you want to go and switch between them with a Job Advancement Coin. Blaze Wizards, on the other hand, will forever be Blaze Wizards.

They're also not as fun to me because Orbital Flame is your main attack with some Blazing Extinction. There's not a lot of variety, but at least with the Explorer mages, the skills each class learns interweave with one another in some way and it keeps you on your toes while fighting, especially bosses.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I would also like to add that the speed of orbital flame depends on your latency. If you lag a lot, it will attack very slowly. There is also the stigma of blaze wizards being hackers.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I would also like to add that the speed of orbital flame depends on your latency. If you lag a lot, it will attack very slowly. There is also the stigma of blaze wizards being hackers.
    yes that is true, I would recommend Ice/lightning mage due to the fact that it is very mobile and its skills do pretty good dps(your skills get a +% dmg per freeze stack and if you use Blizzard often you get another strike 60% of the time which is really helpful with Blizzard orb) also Freeze slows down enemies EVEN BOSSES.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited September 2016
    And with explorer mages you get more options, including the ability to switch classes and all that jazz.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    oh god definitely explorer mage, blaze wizards mobbing/bossing/utility pales in comparison
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited September 2016
    PhoenixKumo

In my opinion (and in my experience), Explorer mage would be better because Blaze Wizards go through their MP like crazy not to mention their mobility is kind of meh. They can't teleport, double-jumping like every other class but without a skill to boost base movement speed, they're kind of slow especially in a map with lots of ropes and ladders. At least with Explorer mage, you could pick out which of the three pathways you want to go and switch between them with a Job Advancement Coin. Blaze Wizards, on the other hand, will forever be Blaze Wizards.

They're also not as fun to me because Orbital Flame is your main attack with some Blazing Extinction. There's not a lot of variety, but at least with the Explorer mages, the skills each class learns interweave with one another in some way and it keeps you on your toes while fighting, especially bosses.
    Blaze Wizards don't have that jump up skill that other KoCs do? Thought they did.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

PhoenixKumo

Blaze Wizards don't have that jump up skill that other KoCs do? Thought they did.
    TELEPORT ALWAYS BEATS DOUBLE JUMP WHEN BOSSING(its way more useful when dealing with Meteors which you will be dealing with when fighting bosses like dorthy, magnus, gollux and so on.)
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited September 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

PhoenixKumo

Oh, they do have it. I don't think they used to because then I wouldn't have had such a hard time in the Evolution Lab in the past. I was just climbing and double-jumping everywhere. It was torture.