[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bug: can not revive at Normal Empress

KerBansotKerBansot
Reactions: 1,635
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Unable to revive at empress

Brief bug summary:

More details: Guildie and I tried to duo empress. Died once, yellow bar appeared along w/ buff freezer window. Clicked yes. Click ok to revive window is next - ok to that too. Respawned. Got turned to a pig, ran left, went back to my own avatar, couldn't use a skill. Tried other skills - still nothing. During this time I can chat and FJ no problem, just couldn't buff, pot nor attack. Mihile spawned, killed me. Yellow bar appeared again along w/ buff freezer window. I clicked yes to buff freezer. Click ok to "click ok to revive window" - nothing happened. Tried again and again - still nothing

Steps to reproduce:
Go to emp (channel 3 of emp if that matters) w/ buff freezers.
Die and respawn
Turn to a pig
Turn back to yourself
Be unable to use buff and attack skill
Die again
Click yes to buff freezer window
Click ok to revive window.

Character name: YourMayKer

Character level: 213

Character job: Buccaneer

World name: Demethos

Date and time of the incident: 10/27/2016 3:50AM PST

Btw, I'm still in here. I died w/ 22 minutes to the clock. 11 minutes left now. Gonna see if staying 10 minutes will fix it.

Comments

• KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    It did not. Attaching screenshots

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    What happened when the time ran out? Did your controls return to normal when you were sent out of the map?

This bug has been reported before, and I think the community conclusion is that it happens if you get transformed while buffing.
    It could also happen if you are using a Potion Pot on your pet's Auto-HP, or as a result of BT's Gold Card buff, but those don't seem to be the case in this particular instance.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

What happened when the time ran out? Did your controls return to normal when you were sent out of the map?

This bug has been reported before, and I think the community conclusion is that it happens if you get transformed while buffing.
    It could also happen if you are using a Potion Pot on your pet's Auto-HP, or as a result of BT's Gold Card buff, but those don't seem to be the case in this particular instance.
    It faded out, tried to revive me in the emp map, faded out again then sent me to the back garden area. This happened one after the other.
    When I spawned into the garden area I immediately tried to use all my attack skills (bucc blast, octopunch, power unity and dragon strike) all worked.

We did Nmag and Hard Hilla after. Didn't die at Hard Hilla, died several times at Nmag and clicked ok to buff freezers and revive windows all throughout, no issues.

I was transformed while attacking and I took out pets before going in because I wanted to manage my hp myself since it had potion cooldown. So you're right about it not being the case here. I wish it was though, that would make it a consistent bug at the least. :(
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

If that's the case, it might be tricky to reliably reproduce for testing, but we'll look into this.

Its2Sharp4U
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2016
    Another fix is to use the guild revive skill, you can use it while dead and it will clear away the glitch the make you unable to use skill or revive normally.
    Its2Sharp4UKerBansot
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    Rexaar
    Rexaar said:

Another fix is to use the guild revive skill, you can use it while dead and it will clear away the glitch the make you unable to use skill or revive normally.
    Oh good it has a fix! Thanks, man. We can't use it because we're out of guild SP but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks again!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

AKradian
    AKradian said:

If that's the case, it might be tricky to reliably reproduce for testing, but we'll look into this.

@KThxBaiNao :
    As I said, there are two other possible ways to get this sort of control-lock:
    Beast Tamer Gold Meow Card:
    Potion Pot Auto-HP (you even forwarded this one, back in March)

So I guess if you take a Beast Tamer with Gold Card, equip it with a Potion Pot as its Auto-HP potion, and send it to fight Empress (with low %status resistance so it gets transformed a lot), you'll probably get skill-locked soon enough.

In my opinion, the issue is the control-lock itself (the game should not be locking your ability to use all skills and potions like that, and certainly not the ability to click the "revive" button), and not the different conditions under which it happens. Therefore, piling all three known causes together just to replicate the bug, is acceptable procedure.