[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Name Change Issues

Comments

• ReallytiredofyacrapReallytiredofyacrap
    Reactions: 570
    edited October 2016
    You see now that you've said this I can understand your statements from a different state of mind; That being said that's the kind of depressing thought I mean. You're completely desensitized to the company, how upsetting is that lol.

I commend you for the positive outlook but they didn't even tell us what happened all they said was "oops next maint" Like they respond to us as if we're begging them just to be a good company. You're nonchalantly making a statement like "you're gonna get your name change"

that's just like working at your job for an entire month and when it's pay day you get nothing and your boss doesn't tell why you didn't get payed or when you will and he simply tells you "Don't worry about your money you'll get it, just be thankful you even have a job."

Mistakes happen, but it's the way you handle the outcome is what truly counts. They could have at least told us what was the issue.
    lizzybeth
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    People have every right to be angry with Nexon and opine that they're "the worst company ever" (even though EA's got that title on lock, though it could be because they're more popular). If this were a one-off thing, I'd understand, but this is a recurring problem. Remember the U-pot scrolls? The other Summer Attendance event? To a lesser degree, MMF? These were all recent, too. This particular one is worse because it involves things that people actually paid money for.

That said, I hope anyone affected gets their name change in a timely fashion. Maybe it'll be like the MMF bug, where it just fixes itself the day after the maintenance lmao. And maybe a little compensation is in order? They did give something for the U-pot scrolls, forgot what it was though.
  • liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited October 2016
    So huh... burrito anyone ?
    lizzybeth
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited October 2016
    Last time there was a name change, the maintenance took place on Saturday so none of the name changes had time to expire. I wonder if the complications had something to do with that.
    My name change coupons vanished the day after I purchased them, but the IGNs seem to still be bound to my account. Waiting another week is making me a bit anxious.
    lizzybeth
  • RavaneRavane
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    Well, 10k nx is gone... Next week it is... I sincerely hope Nexon keeps their promise... If not, I'm considering getting a refund then :(
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Ravane
    Ravane said:

Well, 10k nx is gone... Next week it is... I sincerely hope Nexon keeps their promise... If not, I'm considering getting a refund then :(
    I hope you don't mean a refund of the actual money you spent for that 10k NX. Because that would constitute a chargeback, and they can and will ban you for that until, I believe, you square up with them. You've paid for a service, you will get it. It might take a little longer than the initial estimate, but you will get what you paid money for.
  • LurkerNotDurkerLurkerNotDurker
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    That is such an unhealthy mentality and the comment u made just shows your degree of proffesionalism. Key word: WILL, TAKE YOU A LITTLE LONGER.

When one pays for a product or service it is expected to be delivered oN TIME , unless stated otherwise (eg ordering online stuff; 5-7 business days, etc..)Moreover, they clearly set a proper date.

Whatever it is, i have lodged a complaint at the FTC as this a violation of consumer rights. We know the online industry is still young and full of loopholes but this is unacceptable

Link: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Information#crnt

Category: internet services, online shopping.
    The details and address of the company can be easily found by googling
    Dont forget to list down Richard Williams as CEO.

Please all, its time that a third party steps in to moderate nexons acitivities.
    Aggraphine

Ravane
    Ravane said:

I hope you don't mean a refund of the actual money you spent for that 10k NX. Because that would constitute a chargeback, and they can and will ban you for that until, I believe, you square up with them. You've paid for a service, you will get it. It might take a little longer than the initial estimate, but you will get what you paid money for.
  • FruitbabyFruitbaby
    Reactions: 700
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Please do go volunteer at Nexon as a developer so you can get your name changes in time and see how easy you might think it is.
    Like I said in the other General thread, be thankful that you're getting a name change because they were removed from the game for a couple years.
    You might not have gotten it this time, but you will get it.
    So chill.
    I paid money for a service to be done on a certain day, it would
    Arwen
    Arwen said:

Maryse
    Maryse said:

Please do go volunteer at Nexon as a developer so you can get your name changes in time and see how easy you might think it is.
    Like I said in the other General thread, be thankful that you're getting a name change because they were removed from the game for a couple years.
    So chill.
    When you work on a company or become a volunteer, then you have a commitment to something. I am grateful Nexon had name chnage. But they PROMISE that they will do it on 27th. They even sold the coupon only till 23rd! It means they can start checking on 24th -27th. It's different if Nexon promised the name change on 3rd of November.

I agree. We paid full service for the name change to occur on a certain day and that certain day is today. I am grateful that Nexon is opening up this service again but, it is not delivered to me on a timely manner in which I paid for to occur. At this point, I am more worried about the people that are being recruited into Nexon than my own satisfaction of the game. It's true that we were never Nexon's first priority but, it doesn't even matter anymore. I think their employees should be Nexon's number one priority right now.. How can we expect them to fix the game when they're already broken on the inside? Pardon my harsh tone, my friends. I have been playing this game since early 2009 and to see it fall into such low standards, it pains me.
  • FruitbabyFruitbaby
    Reactions: 700
    edited October 2016
    Thank you LurkerNotDurker
  • YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

So chill.
    Lol what. Why do you say we are lucky to get name change and all. I am a customer, it is Nexon job, and at their advantage, to bring stuffs we like. They need it to put foods on the table. It's not like we are forced to play. Everything we like about Maple, Nexon should concider it.

• YacyYacy
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Reallytiredofyacrap

You gotta realize people were expecting this by a specific date, It adds insult to injury when this isn't a rare occurance; This happens much more often than it should and that's people are flipping out.

A lot of these issues would be murder to the revenue of any other company but the loyal player base is putting up with this inconsistent behavior or more so consistent fk ups, It's like we patronize you but you still spit in our faces? Of course people are mad. And it's not to say they addressed it right away or with the maintenance they had to take their sweet time making an extremely vague excuse.

We don't even know what happened all we know is they couldn't deliver. This is bad service, plain and simple.
    Yes, of course I get that, but I also feel like getting angry will lead absolutely nowhere.
    I also feel like that since this is such a common occurrence for Nexon that it's useless to get angry when things don't go as planned. It happened so many times in the past that it shouldn't come as a surprise.

I guess I'm just at that point in my life where I try to look at things in a different light and understand why it happened instead of getting angry when it did happen. You will get your name change, just not in the time frame you expected it to be. Point is, you will get it.

And again, I do understand why people are angry, I feel like it's useless to get angry at anything Nexon does anymore because it's always going to happen and you're just wasting energy being angry at a company that is known for making mistakes like these all the time.
    It's not anger, it's umm, more like, getting annoyed. Cool for you if you are at a point in your life where you don't get angry and think about what could have happened, but we are customer here, we pay, Nexon is a real company, so yea, when we don't feel satisfied, it's normal to feel the QQ. Actually it's not bad for Nexon; the fact people complain make them giving compensation, work harder, make change, ect. Also, they can see people still care about their game. The worst for them would be silencious people who simply sneak out to another game because they get enough of that QQ.

• AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited October 2016
    Oh look. Another forum full of angry, selfish people who have no idea how companies/programming work. Let me try and put this into something everyone here can understand.

To all of the people blaming Nexon America: You're just out of touch with reality. Who makes the code? Nexon Korea. IT SAYS THAT ON THE GAME. If there's problems with the game, it originated with Nexon Korea, and therefore when it isn't fixed immediately upon transferring it to Nexon America, you shouldn't be surprised. Not to mention all of the changes that it HAS to go through when switching countries, which isn't something that happens in other popular games that are developed solely in America.

To all of the people saying this is the only company this happens to: You're also out of touch with reality. All you need to do is go to other forums of other games. Let's see...

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749769200
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749679287
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749679291
    http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4923219
    http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4923086
    http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4923185

GEE, THESE SOUND JUST LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE RIGHT NOW.

To all of those saying Nexon is a bad company just because of some failures: Uhhhhhhhhhh.... No.
    Ever heard of a company called "Target"? You know, that one that had 3 MAJOR FAILURES IN THREE YEARS? People still go there... in fact, the last estimate says it made $38.6 billion this year. I'd say the mistakes it made are far worse than anything Nexon has ever done, so... yeah. Nice try.

To all those people who feel they're entitled to get something just because they play an online game (aka 99% of the forumers): Life happens. You're pretending like Nexon is a machine that just cranks out games and updates. In case you haven't noticed, there are at least 10,000 employees who have lives, plans, and make mistakes, just like you. So stop treating them like garbage and deal with it.
  • YacyYacy
    edited October 2016
    AK712
    AK712 said:

Oh look. Another forum full of angry, selfish people who have no idea how companies/programming work. Let me try and put this into something everyone here can understand.

To all of the people blaming Nexon America: You're just out of touch with reality. Who makes the code? Nexon Korea. IT SAYS THAT ON THE GAME. If there's problems with the game, it originated with Nexon Korea, and therefore when it isn't fixed immediately upon transferring it to Nexon America, you shouldn't be surprised. Not to mention all of the changes that it HAS to go through when switching countries, which isn't something that happens in other popular games that are developed solely in America.

To all of the people saying this is the only company this happens to: You're also out of touch with reality. All you need to do is go to other forums of other games. Let's see...

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749769200
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749679287
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749679291
    http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4923219
    http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4923086
    http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4923185

GEE, THESE SOUND JUST LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE RIGHT NOW.

To all of those saying Nexon is a bad company just because of some failures: Uhhhhhhhhhh.... No.
    Ever heard of a company called "Target"? You know, that one that had 3 MAJOR FAILURES IN THREE YEARS? People still go there... in fact, the last estimate says it made $38.6 billion this year. I'd say the mistakes it made are far worse than anything Nexon has ever done, so... yeah. Nice try.

To all those people who feel they're entitled to get something just because they play an online game (aka 99% of the forumers): Life happens. You're pretending like Nexon is a machine that just cranks out games and updates. In case you haven't noticed, there are at least 10,000 employees who have lives, plans, and make mistakes, just like you. So stop treating them like garbage and deal with it.
    Mkay I wont read all this, but no one said ''Nexon America'', but only Nexon.

''Selfish people who have no idea how companies/programming work'' ... I major in computer science. And u ? PC Science + Business or something ? A customer have right to complain when he payed and the service isnt good. As I said in another post, its better for Nexon that people complain; it shows ppl have an interest and still expecting something from Nexon. Then its to Nexon to work.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    LurkerNotDurker

That is such an unhealthy mentality and the comment u made just shows your degree of proffesionalism. Key word: WILL, TAKE YOU A LITTLE LONGER.

When one pays for a product or service it is expected to be delivered oN TIME , unless stated otherwise (eg ordering online stuff; 5-7 business days, etc..)Moreover, they clearly set a proper date.

Whatever it is, i have lodged a complaint at the FTC as this a violation of consumer rights. We know the online industry is still young and full of loopholes but this is unacceptable

Link: [redacted]

Category: internet services, online shopping.
    The details and address of the company can be easily found by googling
    Dont forget to list down Richard Williams as CEO.

Please all, its time that a third party steps in to moderate nexons acitivities.
    Aggraphine

Ravane
    Ravane said:

It's a week. Never mind that I was talking about the person who said they're considering a refund.

Plus it's an entirely different ballgame to dispute charges than it is to not get what you pay for. With online games such as this, you're paying money for the virtual currency(NX cash in this case). You do not directly exchange money for an item. So in the eyes of whatever legalese Nexon has to back them up, disputing the charge for the NX used on the name change coupon because you didn't get it in the promised timeframe would not fall under a violation of consumer rights. Once the NX cash has been added to your account, any sort of real-money transaction is considered fulfilled. There is no FTC complaint or violation of consumer rights to be had here, and I guarantee if you get a reply at all on your complaint, you'll be told something along those lines.

And, again, you're acting like unforeseen problems is an occurrence exclusive to Nexon. It isn't. Flipping out on the forums and threatening to file a complaint with the FTC isn't going to get your name changed any faster. You paid, they'll follow through. All it takes is time.

Long story short, I made that post to help that person. Because if they charge back the money they spent, then their account will be banned and that will be the end of it. That's how pretty much every online game like this works, and it's not a common thing between all publishing/host companies to unban the account if the amount owed is paid back again.
  • InconduciveInconducive
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2016
    That would be neat if they did an unscheduled maintenance, assuming they figured out the issue and had a plan to resolve the character name changes.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    Inconducive

That would be neat if they did an unscheduled maintenance, assuming they figured out the issue and had a plan to resolve the character name changes. I am more disappointed about the consistent lags after the Oct 27th maintenance. My PC can handle the lag well, but I can not. I pray Nexon's team can figure out why the sudden lag because I can't play without being annoyed, even when standing still the lag is constantly irritating me.
    Honestly? They wouldn't do an unscheduled maintenance just to apply name changes. It might upset some people, but it's simply not a critical issue.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2016
    So why can't we have KMS name change system again?
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

And here comes six pages of people calling Nexon the worst company ever, as though they purposefully planned it out this way.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I could also make a wild metaphorical statement that nexon has the worst players, playing within the nexon community.
    Thus giving them a valid reason to continue producing maplestory to its seemingly "terrible" players.

Admitting it or not it's not just nexon at fault. Now the players are being held accountable at fault just as much.

I don't like thinking or even saying it but that's how I'm portraying it.

On a brighter side of things, Happy Halloween everyone :D
  • ThomThom
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    fix the names fix the lag or i wont support this crap game any longer
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Thom
    Thom said:

fix the names fix the lag or i wont support this crap game any longer

I mean, I get you're frustrated, I really do. But you have about as much effect right now as someone in a retail setting threatening to take their business elsewhere.