[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Afterlands Issue

Relic118Relic118
Reactions: 725
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Quest/Video

Brief bug summary:
While performing the quest to save the old man's dog and upon entering the Afterlands, the game begins to freeze in short intervals. The game remains frozen for several seconds, briefly lets me interact with the game, and then freezes again. The freezing occurs constantly while in the Afterlands, and is independent of whether I'm interacting with the game or not. Additionally, I have done this first stage of the questline several times now (Save the dog, get bashed in the head, go to the Afterlands, talk to Ash) and the quest never progresses. I am able to reactivate this first stage through the Dimensional Mirror, and unfortunately I am unable to ascertain the quest's objective because of the fore-mentioned issue. I have, so far, only been able to talk to Ash and ask to return to Maple World.

More details:
Just a few clarifications: Freezing is local to Afterlands, Freezing occurs independent of user input, Freezing occurs constantly at a regular frequency, closing the game and re-opening has solved nothing, it seems as though the game is still running while freezing is occurring as chat dialog continues to scroll or at least it seems that way.

Steps to reproduce:
Enter the Afterlands via Dimensional Portal or Quest Notifier. Be transported to the Afterlands when concussed by Balrog. Bug will occur, but ceases once the Afterlands are exited.

Character name:
TilloThalma

Character level:

Character job:
Shade

World name:
Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
10/27/2016 at approximately 5:00 PM EST (2:00 PM PST)