[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thanks

piercedfreakpiercedfreak
Reactions: 1,000
edited October 2016 in Rants and Raves
Just wanted to say thanks for the 2x, while leaving the really bad stutter lag issue in the game, making the game unplayable for lots. This stutter lag has been an issue for almost a week, even DCing people, yet announcement or fix for it, a simple disable of the new chat system would fix it, as that is the cause. It seems the chat system gets easily flooded, and unable to reconnect/auth with the client, and the client hammers the chat system to reconnect every 2 seconds, causing lots of lag. I was just at normal horntail, which is usually a 2-3 minute fight for my lvl 166 Kinesis, but this time, 10 minutes into it, I DCed, needing only a few more hits to kill horntail, but now I lost since I DC'ed. Thanks again Nexon for caring so much.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    -meanwhile on Reboot- Rest in Peace ch 1-9
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited October 2016
    You really shouldn't play on CH1 during 2x, ESPECIALLY if you know there is a lag issue currently going on.
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited October 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

You really shouldn't play on CH1 during 2x, ESPECIALLY if you know there is a lag issue currently going on.

I was on ch 11 when I DCed, and then when I re logged I tried CH 14, and the same lag as before. Its the chat system not flushing old connections, or not accepting auths, or something, but it is definitely the new chat system, because blocking outgoing connections to it, fixes the problem 8 out of 10 times.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Almost 4 days (since Thursday) = Almost a week?
    OK.

Other than that, yeah, they should have shut down the chat channel server as soon as the players figured out that's the cause of the stuttering.
    Hopefully we'll get extra 2x next week to make up for this exceptionally bad "holiday" 2x.
    NiightseekerKerBansotLilyflower
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    dw they shut down chat channel-- now no more lag. but still no mention for cause of lag or recognition of lag
    Lilyflower
  • DeadMalcolmDeadMalcolm
    Reactions: 1,640
    edited November 2016
    I really like the maple chat ideal its good for new players to meet some experienced players.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    DeadMalcolm

I really like the maple chat ideal its good for new players to meet some experienced players.
    me too but it just made it worse the lag is horrible.

BIackbean
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    dw all good now guys! merika is saved