[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cannot obtain Philosoquill Pens

JamesGamesJamesGames
Reactions: 400
edited November 2016 in Bug Reporting

Bug type: Cash item, functionality

Description: After purchasing a Philosopher’s Book from the cash shop I then went looking for a Philosoquill Pen but could not find any. I checked numerous NPC shops and also tried getting a drop from mobs around my level. I’m fairly certain this is a bug, but if anyone reading knows otherwise, please advise how it is you are able to obtain the Philosoquill Pens.

Comments

• JamesGamesJamesGames
    edited November 2016
    Update: I was just now informed by a guild member that the Philosoquill Pens are not needed. One simply double clicks on the book and a prompt advises that two free slots are needed and then the rewards are dispersed. Still might be a bug though to a degree, since to the best of my knowledge the current documentation says nothing about this.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Not a bug, because the latest "A Better Maple" documented that Philosopher's Book and similar boxes no longer require their respective keys to open them. As a result, the keys have been removed from the game.
    Proof: maplestory.nexon.net/news/17776/maple-memo-a-better-maple-update
    Remove the need to have a key to open certain boxes like the Andersen’s Box
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Would have been nice if the web notice for this instance of the books didn't say
    Hunt monsters or visit most General Stores in towns to acquire a Philosoquill Pen. Then use the pen on the Philosopher’s Book to receive TWO random in-game items!
    MegaScience
  • JamesGamesJamesGames
    edited November 2016
    Thanks, AKradian. I was going to post the same, but I just never got around to it.