[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Migration Issues? We need your feedback!

Comments

  • CocoDriloCocoDrilo
    Reactions: 640
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited November 2016
    I have problems with my laptop and desktop systems at home,

    on my windows 7 desktop the screen goes black after selecting North America.. i have already tried skipping the video, running the game directly through the game launcher as administrator, also using the nexon launcher leads to the same results

    on my windows 10 new laptop its even worse, it will not even load for the servers to come up, i tried using the windows 7 compatibility mode but it does not respond,
    GameLauncher.exe as admin on win 7 compability mode same issue
    Nexon Launcher same issue.

    i tried running the setup.exe file and got an error "Unable to Gather system information please check if you have Direct X 8.1 or higher installed "

    All tests were performed on recently installed versions of maplestory
    Any Help will be greatly appreciated
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 37,745
    Posts: 5,598
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KiraraXx
    KiraraXx said:

    It's been a while since I've gone on Maple, and I remember the login had many servers, but then I logged on a week or so ago, and it made me choose 2 worlds, North America, and Europe, and now, the only server is Luna, and my characters are all gone, every single 20-25 of them, it might be just a glitch or something but I'm afraid it isn't, can someone explain what's happening?
    (I chose N.A if that helps)
    You chose North America and the only server you see is Luna?
    That makes no sense. Luna is the sole European server.
    Try again?
  • nizu26nizu26
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Migrated on 31st of July, still missing all of my characters... I submitted a ticket but they told me I should wait because it happens to everyone who migrated late, but I've migrated months ago?
  • KjelleKjelle
    Reactions: 600
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited November 2016
    H a v i n g t r o u b l e l o g g i n g i n ?

    Not like you're looking at this forum anyway but well, now another maintainance has been completed. Still same problem with my account. It has been 11 days since I migrated my account and we are 3 maintainances deep now. Feels pretty shitty not being able to play for 2 weeks+ to say the least.

    Missing out on all these juicy events as well. Hope you have a proper compensation for this garbage migration cancer.
    AkenoChan
  • AkenoChanAkenoChan
    Reactions: 610
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Kjelle
    Kjelle said:

    H a v i n g t r o u b l e l o g g i n g i n ?

    Not like you're looking at this forum anyway but well, now another maintainance has been completed. Still same problem with my account. It has been 11 days since I migrated my account and we are 3 maintainances deep now. Feels pretty shitty not being able to play for 2 weeks+ to say the least.

    Missing out on all these juicy events as well. Hope you have a proper compensation for this garbage migration cancer.

    i can feel ur pain. you're 3 maintainance deep now ? wow....
    and i thought i would migrated now.( i am just 1 maintainance deep now )
    its really frustrating me...they should invest more time for not migrated accounts.A few days more and the big update will come. and we're still waiting for the migration.Nothing changed after the fusion of europe and global. still the same ****.
  • Shaneration1Shaneration1
    Reactions: 420
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited November 2016
    my main account is still unable to acess EU Server i even tries making a new account today to see if that could log in and even that account is unable. since maintenance on 22nd nov i have been unable to even make a character to play :C great start for a returning player why did i bother migrating my old data lol.
  • ShosenShosen
    Reactions: 810
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited November 2016
    I can't access the EU servers yet. When trying I get the same error massage as everyone else: "Having trouble logging in? Try logging in at maplestory.nexon.net or visit the Nexon homepage to view support options."
    I know that we who were a bit late to the party needs to wait for an upcoming maintenance(specific?). So what I'm about to ask is just to get a better feeling of what to expect; Have successfully migrated any characters? It would be nice being able to read that it has happened. ^^

    *EDIT*
    I'm assuming that we who migrated late and haven't recieved our characters yet are the ones getting the "Having trouble logging in?" error?
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    Posts: 125
    Member
    edited November 2016
    you know the scariest part of all this ( all this being all the unaddressed issues from the migration such as connectivity, latency and other issues such as event hall lag game restarts and crashing, characters being stuck for over a week at a time, The big update hasn't even happened yet and this is the part i see a recipe for disasater, they launch this big update right before most of nexon will be gone for the holidays and even without updates that's always a really bad time for maple or has been in the past with no game patrolling, issues that wont be fixed til people are back in the office etc
  • ShanerationShaneration
    Reactions: 410
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited November 2016
    its the small things that get me taking 2-3x to change channel is very irritiating please fix this.
  • RainbowGalRainbowGal
    Reactions: 600
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited November 2016
    I haven't been able to log in to Maplestory since the migration except one time last Thursday, but crashed and haven't been able to get back in. I'm a NA player. I hope to get play Maplestory either before or after V update.
  • WildFreekWildFreek
    Reactions: 745
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Still haven't received the migration compensation rewards..
  • KjelleKjelle
    Reactions: 600
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Shosen
    Shosen said:

    I can't access the EU servers yet. When trying I get the same error massage as everyone else: "Having trouble logging in? Try logging in at maplestory.nexon.net or visit the Nexon homepage to view support options."
    I know that we who were a bit late to the party needs to wait for an upcoming maintenance(specific?). So what I'm about to ask is just to get a better feeling of what to expect; Have successfully migrated any characters? It would be nice being able to read that it has happened. ^^

    *EDIT*
    I'm assuming that we who migrated late and haven't recieved our characters yet are the ones getting the "Having trouble logging in?" error?
    I still can not log in. The GMs in chat assured me that my account was safe but they keep telling me to wait. I migrated on the 11th like come on. I just want my account back ffs... they're obviously not prioritizing this issue. Just being told to wait for a week now, tomorrow marks 2 weeks of waiting.
  • SokkaFlokkaSokkaFlokka
    Reactions: 200
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited November 2016
    New player coming back from a long stop. Trying to play for 4-5 days now but every time i start up the game it closes after i choose for europe or north america. Can someone help me with this issue?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 37,745
    Posts: 5,598
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    SokkaFlokka

    New player coming back from a long stop. Trying to play for 4-5 days now but every time i start up the game it closes after i choose for europe or north america. Can someone help me with this issue?
    Try skipping the video at the start (by clicking on it or pressing any key while it's playing).
  • ShosenShosen
    Reactions: 810
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Kjelle
    Kjelle said:

    Shosen
    Shosen said:

    I can't access the EU servers yet. When trying I get the same error massage as everyone else: "Having trouble logging in? Try logging in at maplestory.nexon.net or visit the Nexon homepage to view support options."
    I know that we who were a bit late to the party needs to wait for an upcoming maintenance(specific?). So what I'm about to ask is just to get a better feeling of what to expect; Have successfully migrated any characters? It would be nice being able to read that it has happened. ^^

    *EDIT*
    I'm assuming that we who migrated late and haven't recieved our characters yet are the ones getting the "Having trouble logging in?" error?
    I still can not log in. The GMs in chat assured me that my account was safe but they keep telling me to wait. I migrated on the 11th like come on. I just want my account back ffs... they're obviously not prioritizing this issue. Just being told to wait for a week now, tomorrow marks 2 weeks of waiting.
    What I'm speculating is that the error "Having trouble logging in?" pops up because the migration haven't been made or that it's not complete yet. Yes/ no?
    *EDIT* - What makes me speculate that is because my migrated EU account get the error while I my newly made Global account can access it without any problem.


    Either way it seems like this will be a waiting game... ^^ But I don't mind the waiting really. What matters most to me is that my characters are safe. Espacially my UAs, since they can't be made anymore. None of us would want all the blood, sweat and tears we put into or characters to be long gone forever and saying that I'm sure Nexon is aware of it.
    Furthermore, Nexon surely is working as diligent as they can while keeping the fastest pace possible to archive the best outcome. They will eventually reach the goal that all of us are waiting for so as said, this will be a waiting game. ^^
  • VermaWyrdaVermaWyrda
    Reactions: 610
    Posts: 7
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    i have an issue
    as i am an old time global player (before eu even existed)
    i still have my account and regulrly played on both global and eu
    however here is the problem i used the same email to make an acount on both global nexon and nexon europe(now known as nexon sarl)

    so when eu got migrated i basicly lost all the money i spent on eu not to mention the time and effort i put in all my characters
    is there a way for my eu account to be combined with my Global account (on the eu servers) so that i wont have lost so much?
  • KjelleKjelle
    Reactions: 600
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Shosen
    Shosen said:


    Either way it seems like this will be a waiting game... ^^ But I don't mind the waiting really. What matters most to me is that my characters are safe. Espacially my UAs, since they can't be made anymore. None of us would want all the blood, sweat and tears we put into or characters to be long gone forever and saying that I'm sure Nexon is aware of it.
    Furthermore, Nexon surely is working as diligent as they can while keeping the fastest pace possible to archive the best outcome. They will eventually reach the goal that all of us are waiting for so as said, this will be a waiting game. ^^
    Are you trolling? It should be unacceptable to wait this long.
  • ShosenShosen
    Reactions: 810
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Kjelle
    Kjelle said:

    Shosen
    Shosen said:


    Either way it seems like this will be a waiting game... ^^ But I don't mind the waiting really. What matters most to me is that my characters are safe. Espacially my UAs, since they can't be made anymore. None of us would want all the blood, sweat and tears we put into or characters to be long gone forever and saying that I'm sure Nexon is aware of it.
    Furthermore, Nexon surely is working as diligent as they can while keeping the fastest pace possible to archive the best outcome. They will eventually reach the goal that all of us are waiting for so as said, this will be a waiting game. ^^
    Are you trolling? It should be unacceptable to wait this long.
    No, I'm not. Neither do I think it's okay to wait this long and neither do I like to wait. But something is obviously dragging out on the time. So don't you think that if they could be done with the migration by now they would be? I was sharing my thoughts and hoping to change the direction of the perspective which right now is heading somewhere very energy draining.
    So yah... Thing will get better. All we can do right now is to wait so just hang in there. ^^
  • KonariKonari
    Reactions: 640
    Posts: 17
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    EverSince
    EverSince said:

    image
    "Having trouble logging in? Try logging in at maplestory.nexon.net or visit the Nexon homepage to view support options."
    Oh that happens to people on the gms side too, usually I just click ok/cancel and choose another channel, and it should work after.
  • KjelleKjelle
    Reactions: 600
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Shosen
    Shosen said:


    No, I'm not. Neither do I think it's okay to wait this long and neither do I like to wait. But something is obviously dragging out on the time. So don't you think that if they could be done with the migration by now they would be? I was sharing my thoughts and hoping to change the direction of the perspective which right now is heading somewhere very energy draining.
    So yah... Thing will get better. All we can do right now is to wait so just hang in there. ^^
    It's just really frustrating to sit and wait, unable to do anything. I try to complain as much as possible so that they keep getting reminded that this isn't ok.