[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kill Steal Hack (Event)

XeraphimXeraphim
Reactions: 1,480
edited November 2016 in Bug Reporting
I noticed several people popping up with damage skins that they did not have equipped. The kills were sporadic, not 100% of the time. One person in group had the damage skin in question and managed to get the highest score by more than double the rest. So here goes:

The hacker was using some sort of kill reassign hack that works part time to capture the kills of others on the same map for the purpose of obtaining and sustaining first place (at the expense of everyone else). I didn't get the name of the one doing it but I do assert that this competition thing has folks outright stealing from others and getting away with it (because Nexon loves hackers).

Please change the mechanics to discourage this behavior.

If Nexon wasn't so desperately, romantically in love with hackers there would be a LOT less of them and their hacks would not be very effective (if at all). This relationship with deep, emotional longing for people to hack their game is self-evident.

Comments

• XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited November 2016
    This hack was used with great success by the hacker during the Mouse Hunt event that pops up every 15 minutes. 3 of us could not get a score over 300 because of it while the hacker got over 1500.