[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Implement Korean Voice Acting Option

ForumKousForumKous
Reactions: 1,085
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey guys,

I would like to suggest an option where you can choose wether you want the English Voice Acting from GMS or the Korean Voice Acting from KMS. Some jobs have voice acting and when you play with sound on you will currently hear the English version. I am personally not a fan fo the English version and would like to use the korean one, hence this suggestion. In the past everything used to be Korean, but they implemented the English one. I am not sure why they did that, because the Korean ones were fine in my opinion.

Anyways, it would be fair to implement an option where you can choose which one you want. The Korean Voice Acting is just a lot nicer imo!

Thoughts?

P.S. I am not sure if this has been suggested before, so I am sorry if it has.
YacyLilyflowerPhantomMasterThief
  1. Should Korean Voice Acting be implemented?15 votes
    1. Yes, it is awesome!
       87% (13 votes)
    2. No
       13% (2 votes)

Comments

• InsaneCosmonautInsaneCosmonaut
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited November 2016
    I agree with you, some voices sound much better in Korean, such as the female android voice.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    Korean voice is so much better I agree and recommanded!.
    BIackbean
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2016
    in favor :D
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Agreed, some of the Korean voice overs sound more fitting and pleasing. And sometimes, the English voices are more fitting, such as male xenon.

While we're on this topic, they should also bring back the Japanese futuroid voice overs. They are special androids and had unique voices, but now they're replaced with English voices (the female one sounds very obnoxious).
  • ForumKousForumKous
    edited November 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

Agreed, some of the Korean voice overs sound more fitting and pleasing. And sometimes, the English voices are more fitting, such as male xenon.

While we're on this topic, they should also bring back the Japanese futuroid voice overs. They are special androids and had unique voices, but now they're replaced with English voices (the female one sounds very obnoxious).
    I am actually a Xenon and prefer the Korean voice :x But this is why I suggested a feature where someone can choose between English and Korean, because obviously everyone has their own preferences :D

Japanese futuroids sounded way better indeed!

• KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    I'm not entirely sure how feasible this is, but I will bring your suggestion up.
    ForumKousYacyMakeMapleGreatAgain
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    slightly off topic, but what about Kao/explorer voice overs, could we maybe get some of those?
  • ForumKousForumKous
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

I'm not entirely sure how feasible this is, but I will bring your suggestion up.

• genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

What did he mean by this kappa?

When your team literally ports all the content over from KMS, there are probably the appropriate files in the Sound.wz > SkillVoice > Classes. I haven't extracted the game files myself but seems pretty simple if you have the files Korean voice files preserved somewhere.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

KThxBaiNao

What did he mean by this kappa?

When your team literally ports all the content over from KMS, there are probably the appropriate files in the Sound.wz > SkillVoice > Classes. I haven't extracted the game files myself but seems pretty simple if you have the files Korean voice files preserved somewhere.
    The game is programmed to work with one Sound.wz file which contains one sound effect per skill.
    Implementing a mechanism that would allow swapping sound files while the game is running, or storing alternate sound effects somewhere (where?) and allowing swapping them, is not trivial. Nexon would have to decide whether it's worth the effort.
    Lilyflower
  • ForumKousForumKous
    edited November 2016
    MakeMapleGreatAgain

Agreed. Make sure to attach a poll to this post so Nexon can see that this something people actually care about.
    Alright I just attached a Poll :)!

Please vote guys ^^
  • HelteHelte
    Reactions: 610
    edited November 2016
    When demon avenger first came out it was with the Korean voice pack (in euro anyway) and as I leveled up all the way to fourth class I didn't want to lose that voice.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2016
    i like the korean kaiser voice. sounds more focused than cocky
  • LeeTbeatsLeeTbeats
    Reactions: 1,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I agree!! Also in KMS, the blockbusters and friendstory were entirely voice acted and all we get is silence!