[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My USB headset is causing me to lag.

MrSlimeMrSlime
Reactions: 200
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
So i've been having these little lagspikes every 5 seconds and it's bothering me to the max.
I've figured out now that when i unplug by headphones (Logitech G633), it stops lagging.
When i unplug my keyboard(Razer Blackwidow Chroma) or mouse( Razer Naga Epic Chroma) it continues to lag, my drivers are up to date etc..
Is this a known issue? and is there a way to fix this?

For now it's just... no sound, or laggy Maple.

Comments

• JaroenJaroen
    edited November 2016
    I am having a similar issue where my devices (USB Mouse SteelSeries Rival 100, USB Headset SteelSeries Siberia 150) will constantly disconnect and reconnect making the game unplayable. I have tried numerous drivers and power management settings. This problem only occurs while playing MapleStory.

Running on Windows 10
    i7-6700k
    GTX 1060
    Asus Z170-A

• Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited November 2016
    Jaroen
    Jaroen said:

I am having a similar issue where my devices (USB Mouse SteelSeries Rival 100, USB Headset SteelSeries Siberia 150) will constantly disconnect and reconnect making the game unplayable. I have tried numerous drivers and power management settings. This problem only occurs while playing MapleStory.

Running on Windows 10
    i7-6700k
    GTX 1060
    Asus Z170-A

So it's not just me and it really is a problem with maplestory! For me it's just that my keyboard disconnects and reconnects for a split second. I can hear the windows sounds for (un-)plugging a USB device and I can see the Num-Lock led light turn off and back on. Absolutely no idea how there's any connection between the usb detection of my keyboard and mayplestory but this is definitely a general bug that occurs with different USB devices and maplestory!
  • ShoppShopp
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2017
    same here, im using a steel series headphone, every time its plugged in, ms started to lag, but other games are fine, like cs go, bns,
  • JunqlerLOLxDJunqlerLOLxD
    edited February 2017
    Same heree...... still no fix to this problem, and its ONLY maplestory
  • JunqlerLOLxDJunqlerLOLxD
    edited February 2017
    MrSlime wrote: »
    So i've been having these little lagspikes every 5 seconds and it's bothering me to the max.<br />
    I've figured out now that when i unplug by headphones (Logitech G633), it stops lagging.<br />
    When i unplug my keyboard(Razer Blackwidow Chroma) or mouse( Razer Naga Epic Chroma) it continues to lag, my drivers are up to date etc..<br />
    Is this a known issue? and is there a way to fix this?<br />
    <br />
    For now it's just... no sound, or laggy Maple.

I feel like nexon already knows about this problem and just doesn't even care about us anymore :( and its USB based mics that this is happening with...