[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Adjusting the restrictions for the Magnus boss

JulyJuly
Reactions: 2,720
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Why nexon... why... why.. Why not removing it...

So sad....

All you need to do to improve your game is Copy-Paste KMS...

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I'm going to reserve judgement until I see what they change, but I also don't like this "adjusting" and "less restrictive" phrasing.
    Maybe they intend to remove all restrictions, but since they don't really understand the code, they don't want to commit themselves by saying all restrictions have been removed.
    (Recall that KThxBaiNao asked people for videos of the no-drops and the meteor rain, because apparently Nexon's testers couldn't reproduce the issue...)
    Its2Sharp4USkyTheDestroyerAustereUzuugaJettLuvsUIvangoldgenji123
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    EDIT: Just saw the V micro page update.

"So we are adjusting the party size and time to kill restrictions on the Magnus boss fight to be less restrictive than it was previously. "
  • JulyJuly
    edited November 2016
    I do hope they gonna remove those restrictions..

"You can now grow your character to be more powerful than you had ever imagined and become a Hero of Maple legends!"

What the point having 5th job and damage cap removed if they limit us with any sort of restrictions to get reward from boss.. especially waiting time and party requirement..! even if they adjust it to 5mins instead of 15mins and 2 players party.. I still thinks its lame.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    July
    July said:

I do hope they gonna remove those restrictions..

"You can now grow your character to be more powerful than you had ever imagined and become a Hero of Maple legends!"

What the point having 5th job and damage cap removed if they limit us with any sort of restrictions to get reward from boss.. especially waiting time and party requirement..! even if they adjust it to 5mins instead of 15mins and 2 players party.. I still thinks its lame.
    I can't lie and say I wouldn't be disappointed if the restrictions aren't removed in their entirety, but I have no expectations so I won't be too annoyed even if the restrictions are only lowered to something like 10 min and 2 party members
  • fubs100000000fubs100000000
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    I honestly have no issue with carrying 2 extra people and wait till 15 min

I have tons of issue with the inconsistant mag glitch that keeps happening for reasons not entirely known.
    basically raining 10x more meteor and kicking you out on revive.
  • liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited November 2016
    I think we should just wait and see first before judging it straight away, the description posted was not very clear ;o
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see what they change, but I also don't like this "adjusting" and "less restrictive" phrasing.
    Maybe they intend to remove all restrictions, but since they don't really understand the code, they don't want to commit themselves by saying all restrictions have been removed.
    (Recall that KThxBaiNao asked people for videos of the no-drops and the meteor rain, because apparently Nexon's testers couldn't reproduce the issue...)
    I once made a screenshot of no drop, alone with timer under 15 min. But idk if it's enough tbh.
    fubs100000000

I have tons of issue with the inconsistant mag glitch that keeps happening for reasons not entirely known.
    Even with this?

I hope you notice what we might get soon, so no more mule carry especially if you dual play. Even if you are at 00, you still revive after 30 seconds so you get kick out of map. When you get kick, fewer people left in map, then you don't meet restriction anymore.

Just, look at this everyone! Note that I don't have more than 1 computer, it's mainly if you want carry low funded guildies and not good to practice survive yet, which is my case most of times.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    fubs100000000

Not being forced to wait 15 min lowers the chance of that happening in a run. Not being forced to have 3 party members (if you don't need them) lowers the chance of this happening during a run. Loosening or even removing the restrictions will help immensely with the glitch
    July
  • JulyJuly
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

fubs100000000

Not being forced to wait 15 min lowers the chance of that happening in a run. Not being forced to have 3 party members (if you don't need them) lowers the chance of this happening during a run. Loosening or even removing the restrictions will help immensely with the glitch
    That's wisdom..
  • JulyJuly
    edited November 2016
    "*Drop restrictions for some boss fights have been adjusted to be less restrictive.

-This affects: Hard Magnus, Chaos Von Bon, Chaos Pierre, Chaos Crimson Queen, Chaos Vellum, and Madman Ranmaru."

Are you guys kidding? that's all the information we getting about changes for magnus??

So.. if i go in solo and kill him in 4 mins, will i get drops? and if i wont get the drop, will it count as a kill and i will have to wait one more week to figure out what the new restrictions????

give more information !
  • JulyJuly
    edited December 2016
    Someone know what the new restrictions? -_-"