[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Livyatan flashing when attacked

KlaraKlara
Reactions: 3,385
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Skill/Graphics?

Brief bug summary:
Livyatan flashes/blinks when under bind effect

More details:
When fighting Livyatan during solo commerci trade voyages, it will flash rapidly when using a bind skill and then return to normal when released. This problem occurs when Zero Beta's Critical Bind (Passive) activates; however, it should occur with other classes as well if they have a bind skill. Other bosses do not experience this problem and simply freeze in place while bind is in effect. Livyatan is still attack-able and functions like normal except for the flashing while bound. Image is below.
http://i.imgur.com/QnQ4yRR.png

Steps to reproduce:
Unlock commerci trade voyages
Unlock Region: Herb Town or higher
Start voyage
Fight Livyatan and bind him with a skill
Livyatan will flash while under the bind effect

Character level: 207

Character job: Zero

Date and time of the incident: After Limitless patch

It would be much appreciated if fixed as the flashing isn't too pleasant on the eyes and the death animation is rather frightening.

Comments

• SoymilkSoymilk
    Reactions: 245
    edited December 2016
    Can confirm that I have the same issue. All the commerci bosses seem to flash in a similar fashion, with Livyatan being untouchable for a few seconds.
  • KlaraKlara
    edited December 2016
    I haven't noticed it on other bosses yet since I only ran a few voyages before reset and the flashing is random, but I believe Grosso Polpo froze for me for a couple seconds with a surprised expression on his face (death animation?). Haven't had a chance to run more voyages to check because of the unscheduled maintenance so I only mentioned Livyatan.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited December 2016
    That actually looks like its knockback damage image, which I actually didn't even know it had. But I'm sure you're familiar with its moving hitbox; does the "flashing" occur as much as its moving hitbox, ie, when you're unable to actually damage it?
  • KlaraKlara
    edited December 2016
    @Geminia Ok, apparently it's due to the bind effect, not the death animation glitching at the wrong moment as I first though. I doubt it's only the zero class. Edited my original post.