[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Download Game Client from the website doesn't work

PleinairPleinair
Reactions: 1,320
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
Hello there,

I've tried downloading the Game Client from the website here: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204582103-Download-Game-Client , several times already and on two separate different computers with different Operating systems running (Win 10 and Xp) and in both cases the installation doesn't work properly which results in a "failed to execute the game. please check the installation" message shortly when trying to update the game after the installation is complete.
I've experienced this problem for over two days now, since the v. 178 patch came out. I tried the different troubleshooting suggestions on the tech support areas and neither made any difference.

It's important for me to note that upon scanning the main file downloaded "MSSetupv178.exe" the anti-virus shows (on both computers) that the Map.wz file is corrupt.
I'm suspecting that the Game Client currently on the website might be broken for these reasons, so as it stands now I can't download the new version of the game and make it work. I humbly request any help and specifically for the game client files on the website to be reviewed for possible corruption.

Comments

• PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited December 2016
    I've got an update to anyone who can't download a working client from the website like me, I managed to install the game successfully with Steam instead and it's finally working now!
    So basically, if you are trying to download the game through the website, and the installation fails on you, try Steam instead at this time.