[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Bug] Character name not becoming available

WiceakWiceak
Reactions: 1,210
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Character name not becoming available

Description:
With the new lvl up event and the namechange events i did want to use the in game name from an old character to create a new character (also did want to do this to enjoy the namechange event). So i deleted 2 characters which i made long ago during the europe version. They were not lv 30+ yet so there was no 24h cooldown on the delete. After deleting the character i tried to use that same ign for my new character and it still saying it is already used.

More details:
I thought this was abit weird so i went to the american servers and tried out the same thing i delete a character and i could instantly use this ign again when creating a new character. I did the same thing on Luna, a character created before the migration stay as already used while a character created after the migration can be deleted and instanly used again.

World name:
Luna