[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Extreme Bot Infestation

Comments

• LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited October 2016
    1)Major source of income from bots.
    2)GMs too lazy
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

"They" just create another one in seconds, but it doesn't become level 224 in seconds.
    It's pretty sad that enough bots get to such high levels as to "infest" the high-level training maps and hold significant positions on rankings.
    This ^
    gamechanger

It honestly isn't even that hard to get to those levels anymore. But yes, NexonNA is really bad at banning high leveled bots,
    True, but not that fast. I've been playing this game for years and I'm only 211, trained for an hour earlier at deck 1 and got a whopping 5%.

If I see someone on the rankings w/ a gibberish name at 224 wearing a frozen set, what else am I supposed to think? It just screams bot. And at 224, it means they've been botting for a dam long while. Don't GMs have some sort of frequently hacked maps? Logically it would make sense for them to have one and to have it patrolled constantly.
    I didn't mean to imply that it was easy to get to those levels, but if you do nothing but grind it doesn't take too long. Sorry for the confusion.

But we have reports of people getting to 200 in a matter of hours sometimes (usually with a burning event, but not always if they are rich enough and have parties set up beforehand), and people who can (and have) leveled from 200 to 210 in a single day before. Now just imagine that a bot who can play for almost 24 hours each day (allowing for some downtime on the bots end, and possibly intentionally logging out every so often so they aren't on 24 hours every day, IDK if they actually do this though) and how fast they would gain exp. Not too hard to see them getting to the 220s within a few weeks.

That doesn't make it ok that they get that high (much less those people who illegitimately got to 250), but its not that difficult for bots to get there anymore
    Lilyflower
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

I didn't mean to imply that it was easy to get to those levels, but if you do nothing but grind it doesn't take too long. Sorry for the confusion.

But we have reports of people getting to 200 in a matter of hours sometimes (usually with a burning event, but not always if they are rich enough and have parties set up beforehand), and people who can (and have) leveled from 200 to 210 in a single day before. Now just imagine that a bot who can play for almost 24 hours each day (allowing for some downtime on the bots end, and possibly intentionally logging out every so often so they aren't on 24 hours every day, IDK if they actually do this though) and how fast they would gain exp. Not too hard to see them getting to the 220s within a few weeks.

That doesn't make it ok that they get that high (much less those people who illegitimately got to 250), but its not that difficult for bots to get there anymore
    I agree completely, but that just proves my point further. It will still take them at least a few weeks given the noobiness of their set. Given how majority of the population is in the haven range, it wouldn't hurt for GMs to be deployed there constantly, more than any other map. Actually it just wouldn't hurt, it would also make perfect sense. There's hardly a reason to catch them in the lower level maps because they'll be whizzing past through it anyway. But to see the same bot on the same map of the same channel for a week just doesn't make sense.

There's fewer servers now than there used to be, so it should be easier to patrol yet I personally didn't see any difference at the rate at which bots were caught.

I'm in Grazed though so given the low population, GMs have probably abandoned us. Tbh, I've gotten used to seeing the same bots that if I didn't know they were bots I probably would've started a conversation. I see more of them than actual maplers now. LOL!

tl;dr: GMs oh GMs, where art thou our GMs?
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited October 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

I agree completely, but that just proves my point further. It will still take them at least a few weeks given the noobiness of their set.
    Can't they just hack their damage to be an insta-kill? Or do something to make their attacks more effective / easier for them to gain greater damage? I don't think they'd be wearing frozen/pensalir set at level 220 if that wasn't the case ya know.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

I agree completely, but that just proves my point further. It will still take them at least a few weeks given the noobiness of their set.
    Can't they just hack their damage to be an insta-kill? Or do something to make their attacks more effective / easier for them to gain greater damage? I don't think they'd be wearing frozen/pensalir set at level 220 if that wasn't the case ya know.

I have heard of people beign able to WZ edit their damage to cap or higher...so yeah.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

They generally do exactly that when botting. Even if levels weren't important to them, being able to instantly kill mobs gives them a much higher gold / hr rate