[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Don't get rid of Haunted House after the event

xparasite9xparasite9
Reactions: 2,000
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I understand that the Game Team wants to keep the Haunted House special by having it be an event-exclusive area.
This however, should not be allowed to happen because the monsters contained in the Prendergast Mansion, Glutton Ghoul, Psycho Jack, and Sophilia Doll, drop items that are required for forging and upgrading items in NLC.
Cutting off access to those monsters cuts off access to those items.

Comments

• ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    It didn't make sense that the haunted house had been around all year long for many years, only to have it suddenly blocked off as a "seasonal" area. It should definitely come back as a permanent area again.
  • DisneyPixarDisneyPixar
    Reactions: 875
    edited October 2016
    If Nexon brings the house back but doesn't add any new event or quests this season, man I'll be pretty mad.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    i know nobody else really cares but i really liked upgrading the stirgeman gear, which requires the haunted house.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    I have to agree, The area was not intended to be a seasonal area at all.
    Bahamut_X
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Pretty sure it was removed because of the NLC revamp not because of making it a holiday event. I think they have plans to bring it back.
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

Pretty sure it was removed because of the NLC revamp not because of making it a holiday event. I think they have plans to bring it back.
    Well their documented excuse was that it was a holiday event.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    how do we know that the haunted house is in fact returning? Last year my guild had our annual halloween photo outside of haunted house in NLC.
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

how do we know that the haunted house is in fact returning? Last year my guild had our annual halloween photo outside of haunted house in NLC.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/7827/complete-scheduled-minor-patch-march-24-2016
    you are in fact correct that they never explicitly promised its return this season.
    this might be treading into FUD territory though.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    xparasite9

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/7827/complete-scheduled-minor-patch-march-24-2016
    you are in fact correct that they never explicitly promised its return this season.
    this might be treading into FUD territory though.
    Ahh "Access to the Haunted House area will be completely removed to preserve the content as a seasonal area. Players will no longer be able to access the area with a Hyper Teleport Rock." Got it, thanks! But that is weird since like the candy place was also seasonal area yet people can still hyper teleport rock there.