[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Breaking Update(s)

XCaedisXXCaedisX
Reactions: 755
edited December 2016 in Rants and Raves
I really want Nexon to rollback all these updates and just put us back to before they implemented anything having to do with V. Possibly undo the region merge, too. Because as it stands, the game is broken as heck for just about everyone. For those that can even play the game: Incredible lag, disconnects, countless new bugs and hellbanning to boot. Don't forget losing equipment and potentials. This may not be happening to everyone, but it's happening to a lot of people. Other people can't play at all. I know I'm not the only one who hasn't been able to get into the game once since this update came around. I don't know if I've been banned for no reason at all, if they broke my account somehow, or there's some other conflicting issue. Maybe I was one of the blocked accounts because of the whole potential thing and they just forgot to unblock me, forever disabling me from playing.

I wouldn't mind so much if they would acknowledge these issues. They make all these posts about "offering compensation" but, hey, how do we use that compensation if we can't even play the game? My issue(along with whoever else it's affecting) with being unable to play the game hasn't even been addressed. Aside from @KThxBaiNow , Nexon staff basically seems to ignore us on the forums completely. They don't read the technical issues/bug threads, and seem to leave it up to other players to try and help their fellow Maplers. If another user can't help them, they're out of luck until the next maintenance, where they can only hope that they get lucky enough that it somehow fixes their account or version of the game.

They've been causing nothing but problems with their updates since the region merge. This is probably true of past updates as well, but the region merge is when it became the most noticeable to me, and I just wish they'd roll it all back until they can fix these updates so they don't break the game. They clearly were not ready to be implemented when they were. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, repairing my files, turning off my antivirus/firewall, adding the game to the exception list(these two shouldn't be necessary since it played just fine before the V updates), and I've always run it as an administrator. I've done all this to try and fix NEXON'S game-breaking update, but nothing has worked. I still crash immediately after region selection every single time, to get an error message telling me either: 1. I've been banned(There is no reason I should be, considering I haven't even been able to play), 2. The game is down for maintenance(Clearly it's not been down for maintenance for the past ~4-5 days), or 3. My internet connection is not stable. (Internet working just fine, worked fine with the game before the update, works with every single other game under the sun besides this one.)

I'm frankly just tired of Nexon's lousy service. I enjoy their game, but it seems to me they don't care about their customers at all. They break their game and offer no fixes, they cause a problem and block player accounts as if it were the player's fault and not theirs. They all but ignore us on the forums and don't address standing issues that make the game unplayable for people. It's ridiculous. This is not how a company, especially a game company, should work. They have no damage control and don't know how to properly update and modify their game. At this point, they may as well trash all their recent updates and start over from scratch. At least then people might be able to play the game again. And the people who actually work on the game need to take some computer programming/coding/game development classes, cuz they apparently have no idea what they're doing.

I've actually put money in this game, but that's certainly never going to happen again. I'm missing timed events and probably some rare/exclusive items because they broke either the game, or my account, and it appears I'm not going to be compensated for any of it. I've just about had it with Nexon's nonexistant customer service. /endrant.
SeippoLucasGiacomettiLilyflowerMek