[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GM Police Notice Bug

StayGoldStayGold
Reactions: 1,670
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
I was fighting Chaos Horntail (first time soloing it) and got it down to about 40-45% HP with 2 hours and 17 minutes left on the clock
(I was only in there for 13 minutes) and guess what?? I got a notice from Maple Administrator that "I was blocked by GM Police for HACK Reason", but I promptly pressed ESC (End Chat) instead of ENTER (OK), hoping that I wouldn't get DC'd, and a few seconds later, I was sent to the home screen with the message "Unable to connect to game server." Then when I logged back in, 15 seconds later, I got the message from Windows that "MapleStory stopped working". 2 DC's.. seriously.. when will this END??!!??

I know that there's been MULTIPLE threads created in this forum that talks about this bug, BUT it is still not fixed/removed. Please.. remove or alter it so that the system doesn't detect a hacker, but actually recognizes the player as a legit person sitting in front of a computer/laptop, tapping away on their keyboards and clicking their mouses.

I also know for a fact that when I attempt to defeat Pink Bean (Normal), it takes me about 20-25 minutes to defeat the statues and Pink Bean, but I don't get the notice that I was blocked by GM Police for the HACK reason.. What is going on??!!?? I hope this doesn't happen when I try to defeat Chaos Pink Bean :((

Please.. please.. please get rid of OR alter this bug. It affects a lot of legit players' gameplay by DC'ing them seconds before they're about to kill a boss or about to level.
  1. Are the "GM Police" wrongfully DC'ing legit players and not hackers?5 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (5 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    sadly this is another side effect of the lovely lag fest that maple has become, essentially you lag, then all your damage is registered at once looking like you are dealing more damage than you should be able to and it auto dcs you, ive lost lots of evo, dipq and boss runs in the last few days due to this.I seriously doubt nexon does much about it, they are getting beaten up pretty good publicly on one of their most anticipated updates in years about server stability and latency and other than that one 12 hour mini patch have not said another word.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited December 2016
    Update: I received the same notice while trying to fight Chaos Pink Bean with two of my guildees. Wai??!!??, NexonNA, Wai??!!??

Please fix or alter the hacking detection system. Preez..
  • HeroDjinnHeroDjinn
    Reactions: 1,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

Update: I received the same notice while trying to fight Chaos Pink Bean with two of my guildees. Wai??!!??, NexonNA, Wai??!!??

Please fix or alter the hacking detection system. Preez..
    you arent the only one, trust me, its been happening many times to me ever since this patch went live
  • xBizcuitxBizcuit
    I was just informed I am perm ban from GM Policing and because I am a Blaze Wiz and there is already a bias against me because majority of that class are hackers. The GMs are unwilling to look into my account. They are just reading the report but the fact of the matter is....if someone would just take the time and look at the coding at the time of the incident you will see, I had school emails up, 5 other webpages, a netflix movie and the skype app. running at the same time on top of maple..which is super laggy all the time.