[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

KMS DPM Chart?

NiceAsIceNiceAsIce
Reactions: 1,150
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
Does anyone have an updated KMS DPM chart for the 5th job update?

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Yes. Its called don't give a about it because those charts are highly inaccurate. On top of them being made on a bunch of assumptions, and the math being done for an impossible scenario (boss is stationary, you never have to move unless your skill actually moves you, always at top HP/MP for the classes for whom that affects their damage, all of your DoTs are proccing etc....), there was a lot of evidence of the guy behind the most widely distributed charts faking results to artificially place I/L mages higher because he liked them (or lower because he didn't like them, I can't remember).

So, unrealistic scenarios, subjective rankings, math is not public (ie to know whether its even accurate math), evidence of creators of said charts artificially placing certain classes higher/lower than they would normally be. The charts are useless
    Lilyflower
  • AlpsAlps
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Yes. Its called don't give a about it because those charts are highly inaccurate. On top of them being made on a bunch of assumptions, and the math being done for an impossible scenario (boss is stationary, you never have to move unless your skill actually moves you, always at top HP/MP for the classes for whom that affects their damage, all of your DoTs are proccing etc....), there was a lot of evidence of the guy behind the most widely distributed charts faking results to artificially place I/L mages higher because he liked them (or lower because he didn't like them, I can't remember).

So, unrealistic scenarios, subjective rankings, math is not public (ie to know whether its even accurate math), evidence of creators of said charts artificially placing certain classes higher/lower than they would normally be. The charts are useless
    If I remember correctly, I believe he lowered the I/L ranking but not because he disliked the class(The creator of the DPM chart 'Mori' in Insoya, is an I/L main). I think it's to make the devs buff the I/L when the class in question is better than the chart suggest?(Think of this, for example, if he rigged I/L to be be #1 the devs(I hope they don't make changes based on someone's chart) will likely try to nerf it as a 'balance')

On topic, here you go:
    https://i.redd.it/0ppnboe21vhx.png

• thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, I have seen the new KMS DPS chart 5th job, it's way ridiculous and unbalanced. I didn't even see Hero being in top10 when it's usually in top 5 if not top 6. Hero is made to deal high DPS without potential and you can build even higher DPS with 100% critical rate and hardcap attack speed. It already has very high amount of %ignore ennemy defense, so at some point, Hero doesn't need any %ignore def potential line!
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    I don't give a **** about that chart cause its unbalanced and inaccurate not to mention it's made from insoya.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    @Alps
    Honestly, i hardly doubt nexon count these charts to balance their classes.., they problably calculate themselves with more precision and neutral about the classes.

I find abit confusing how marksmans who got a buff with the new critical damage system, be on the lowest ranks..(used to be on top 15).
  • DeckiatvDeckiatv
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

@Alps
    Honestly, i hardly doubt nexon count these charts to balance their classes.., they problably calculate themselves with more precision and neutral about the classes.

I find abit confusing how marksmans who got a buff with the new critical damage system, be on the lowest ranks..(used to be on top 15).
    it's because their 5th job skill is awful.(you can't move but are unhitable for 6 seconds and the game play that i've seen for Sniper isn't at all good you get 3 shoots that hit 10 times to 10mobs with dps multiplier depending on how close to the middle the enemy is. and you only get 3 shoots and has a nasty coolddown time, 150 seconds for that lame of a skill come on.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    @Deckiatv
    4~~6 arrows and 180sec cool down, compared to other jobs, we end up spamming snipe, it's not that exciting, you get a new skill it's not even worth using most of the game(specially with cores, where snipe should out-damage it easily).
    Hope marksmans get something worth in this summer uptate in KMS.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

@Deckiatv
    4~~6 arrows and 180sec cool down, compared to other jobs, we end up spamming snipe, it's not that exciting, you get a new skill it's not even worth using most of the game(specially with cores, where snipe should out-damage it easily).
    Hope marksmans get something worth in this summer uptate in KMS.
    * winter
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    reddit has dpm chart thats also translated