[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Return of the Empty Ornate Chest

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
So as I was doing Pink Bean Prequests...I noticed the usual Ornate Chest. I thought "Hey, lets see if there is anything good." So I go in to the Chest room, and there is no chest! This bug has reappeared and its a shame cuz I like the mystery of whatever items end up being in the chest...

Comments

• PachomarPachomar
    Reactions: 910
    edited October 2016
    Same here, I'm stuck in one of the ToT quest because I'm unable to find the store
    As far as I know, the issue is that the chest teleports you to ch8, when it's supposed to teleport you to ch1 (where the store is supposed to be)
    Hope they fix this soon
  • PachomarPachomar
    edited October 2016
    Is it me or they just removed the chest instead of fixing it?
    Been channel surfing after the patch on many places and not a single chest was found
    JettLuvsU
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited October 2016
    same here found the chest in channel 8 but teleports you to a room without the npc
    i dunno am thinking maybe if we submit tickets about it they will notice it faster or at least know about it since this thread its sort of buried already
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I haven't even seen the chest in ages....
  • PachomarPachomar
    edited October 2016
    I created a ticket for this. Then they followed by responding the chest spawns correctly
    Then I explained again that the issue was when you entered the chest, they asked me for a video
    So basically I spoonfed the Support Team with a video showing how it takes you to ch8 in an empty room

Hope they fix it soon
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    Sorry this is still happening for you all. We'll look into this.
  • PachomarPachomar
    edited November 2016
    Bumping this up
    Got tired of over 20 emails from Customer Support that I am clicking "the wrong chest"
    Please fix this
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Pachomar
    Pachomar said:

Bumping this up
    Got tired of over 20 emails from Customer Support that I am clicking "the wrong chest"
    Please fix this
    aww man...sorry man. I gave up after about 15...playing email tag with Customer Support is no fun.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Bug type: NPC, Functionality

Brief bug summary: When finding a Strange Ornate Chest in Temple of Time, and clicking on it you're sent to a room where a shop NPC Strange Ornate Chest is suppose to be. However the Store NPC is nowhere to be found.

Character name: Its2Sharp4U

Character level: 216

Character job: Blade Master

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: November 12th, 2016 @ 12:25 PM EST.

Here is a screenshot of the bug being reported:
    http://i.imgur.com/mpLqsxJ.png