[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Bug] It is possible to "softlock" a Kinesis

XilthansisXilthansis
Reactions: 105
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: SoftLock

Brief bug summary: You can softlock a Kinesis on Reboot as long as you "lose" every equip-able weapon on a Kinesis that hasn't unlocked the return to seol portal.

More details:

If you do as stated above, you are left with a Kinesis that cannot use abilities or even basic attack. This causes a softlock for the character since there is no way to aquire a new weapon as vendors do not sell them, and trading is disabled. You cannot get the free level 10 from Ray in HQ because you dont have the portal unlocked, and without access to any of your skills, you cannot complete the questline to unlock the portal. You obviosly cannot hunt for one for the same reason as before.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

This did in fact happen to me, the only viable solution for me is to have a friend grind me up 4 levels to the next usable psy-limiter I have in my bag, however, if I had no psy limiter I dont think my character would be able to escape this lock unless there was an even of some kind that dropped me a psy-limiter without needing to hunt. This seems like an oversight, one that could cost someone hours of gameplay and essentially have the same effect as deleting the character.

Steps to reproduce: Delete or otherwise remove all psy-limiters from the inventory of a kinesis on reboot server that hasnt completed the required quests to unlock the HQ portal.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: EmoEvan

Character level: 106

Character job: Kinesis

World name: Reboot
JettLuvsU