[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamer 5th job is a steaming pile of crap

KingofFurriesKingofFurries
Reactions: 1,605
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Major disappointment Nexon, I don't even know where to begin here.

First off, Beast Tamers don't even get a skill buff node for our main attacking skill. You know that skill, furious strikes, the skill i use everyday when bossing and training? We're not going to buff that because screw you. But, deep breath and really deep breath, the skill no one ever uses? Lets buff both of those because screw you again. (by the way, really deep breath is just a buffed version of deep breath, basically the same skill).

Second off, Beast tamers can't even use decent skills from 5th job. I obtained decent advanced blessing yesterday and can't even use it. whenever i click it it says "must be in the right animal mode to use".

Third off, As a mage, i get access to the skill "mana overload". But guess what, as a Beast Tamer i can't use it.

Fourth off, our attacking skill is kinda lacking , to be honest. For bear, its mobbing capability honestly isn't there, and as for bossing its animation is to slow and not worth it. But, if I were to use my 5th job for bossing, i would use bear as it does the most damage out of all four animals. Leopard does better in the mobbing department, but honestly i never found it to be that good as it doesn't seem to hit many mobs. Cat mode is the worse for mobbing, which i can understand because it's mostly supposed to be support for the party (40% damage reduction) but honestly i just don't see it being very useful. As for hawk, i think this one is pretty useful. I found it great for mobbing. the only problem is it does 200% damage per line which just sucks. I honestly think it has potential, but at 200% per line it's just not there.

And lastly, i was hoping that MAYBE after two years beast tamer would be clear of bugs but nope, still get locked from meow gold card and still get locked when i die in bosses and can't resapwn.

Sigh, i just think this whole 5th job was a disappointment. Maybe i had my hopes up too high that beast tamer could actually be a decent class :/

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    I don't know why Nexon creates classes such as BT and Jett only to neglect them. Why even bother?
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited December 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

I don't know why Nexon creates classes such as BT and Jett only to neglect them. Why even bother?
    It's a great class i really enjoy playing it. Its got potential it's just the DPS and mobility isn't there. I've been thinking about it for a while and all it would take are some minor changes and the class could instantly be like 50% better (granted i can't speak for the whole beast tamer community). But because it's not a KMS class, it always gets neglected and nothing ever happens with it. Ever since the class was released 3 years ago it has only ever had 1 update. 1 update that's worse than jett. I mean like beast tamer doesn't even have echo of hero literally every class in the game has echo of hero except us, like how hard is it really to implement echo of hero? Or, a few patches ago when maple warrior was given no delay? beast tamers still have a delay on their maple warrior.
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited December 2016
    Jett's 5th job is just as bad. They should have never made these classes if they were simply going to neglect and forget about them. Sigh, I was a fool to expect a class that actually playable from people who can't even maintain their game correctly.