[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mihile Coming Changes

SnowDragon2SnowDragon2
Reactions: 200
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Hello everyone, first i would like to start out with a bit of background. I recently (about a month ago) started playing in reboot as many of you have, however, unlike most of you i decided to main a class that hardly sees any representation outside of its link skill. My ign is Aiasune and i would like to discuss the coming changes to the class and how it negatively affects us. I know a VAST majority can not and will not empathize with me since our class is often regarded as a joke, but regardless here i go:

(Mihile skill descriptions according to my boss runs and experiences)
After the Reboot patch Mihile received an update which was never really featured (i have come up to many that think the class is still the same as in release) this update made, in my opinion, what really defined the class as a support tank. Royal Guard, which works as a sort of a parry allows you to avoid any attack as long as you can time it to just before you receive this said attack, making bossing a lot more in depth, and once again in my opinion, fun. However, the key skills that makes us a safety net for parties and near unkillable is Advanced Soul. It essentially allows us to live ANY hit as long as we are at 100% hp (this includes one shots) which makes us a super tank that surpasses the likes of even Paladins. Then there is Soul Link which allows us to pass this attribute to our party and works in a similar fashion: If a party member were to be hit in range of our Soul Link by a one hit ko at 100% hp they would live it and 20% of said one shot (full hp of member taking hit) is then reverted to me. Now i have in the past month done just about every end game boss, but perhaps the bosses that these skills are the most useful is in CRA since there is no potion restriction i can stand there and unless Cvel decides to stack 3+ tails on me at a rate i cant heal fast enough i will not die from ANYTHING (yes even his fire blast) and neither will my party members. There are limits of course, for example, when i went in to test this with a Demon Avenger and surprisingly i died everytime he was in range of my Soul Link. I finally understood why when he told me that a one shot dealt him 300k hp, so naturally i then took 20% of this dmg in the form of 60k and since my max hp was 50k there was no way i was surviving. Now onto more specifics about Soul Link and advanced soul in party use. If i was to take a one shot at the same time my party member were to take a one shot i would die, as soul link regsiters the one shot onto my party member first>then onto me (leaving me with 10%)>then redirects 20% of the one shot from party member onto me> death> party member lives. This same thing happens if a party mem happens to take a one shot and im not at full hp. This means that for soul link and advanced soul to work effectively me and my party members have to all be at 100% hp. This may sound broken (and i know its hard to believe its not) but it gets extensively more difficult to pull this off with more than 2 party members (especially if max hp is a problem to tank the 20% dmg from each mem). Not to mention, as i said, the only bosses this effects extensively is CRA since it has no potion restriction (pulling this off in any other end game boss is near chaos (no pun intended)).

(Issues with changes)
Now you might be wondering: Why are you complaining? This is completely broken! Except its really not... Mihile is already a sub par class in terms of dps, and when classes like Bishop and paladin have other more consistent reliable skills to keep party members alive these skills seem like nothing more than gimmicks. Unless you decide to hold off on using Soul Link in bosses like Damien and Lotus, your party will end up killing you more than you will end up saving them. Now, these coming changes are critical to what little end game-party viability Mihile has left. Advanced Soul's one-hit-ko tanking properties are removed and instead only apply AFTER Royal Guard is SUCCESSFULLY executed. Now you might be thinking: Well whats wrong with that? Well since the majority of you have never played Mihile, much less after the revamp, it is EXTREMELY difficult to time Royal Guard since it not only has to be executed within 0.5s of when the attack hits you but it is also affected by lag. It essentially makes it a last resort type of skill and a very unreliable one. I have been doing Hmag and Magnus for quite a few runs and it is honestly the only boss where i can with a (~80%) accuracy confidently pull off Royal Guard and its against his kb attack (let me remind you i am a close to 205 mihile atm). Now at the moment it is nothing more than a nice and rewarding gimmick when you can pull it off, but because of this change it essentially requires you to rely on this very unreliable skill to keep your previous tanking abilities. Before this change if you attempted a Royal Guard on a one hit ko at 100% hp the worst that could happen is you losing 90% hp but after this change if you attempt to do this same exact thing and fail you will DIE. It makes the whole concept of Advanced Soul obsolete. Why would i risk dying so that for the next 15 seconds i can survive one hit kos along with my party? Its counter-productive. So we are essentially forced to play like a sub par hero that can on a very gimmicky skill for 15 seconds at a time be tankier than a Paladin. Then as if to insult us further they give us a 15m cap increase on a skill that lasts for 30 secs and has a cd of 210 secs. If i was playing this game because i care about optimal damage i would NOT be playing Mihile. This change affects a MINISCULE minority of the already small amount of players that play Mihile, and in no way serves to compensate for this huge loss. Now im not saying that the current Mihile is completely fine, i agree that on certain bosses (CRA especially) Soul Link+Advanced Soul can be a bit ridiculous. I agree a certain restriction should apply to how often and how many one shots you can save your party from, however, i believe you should also give us an actual compensation in party play for this loss instead of damage (its like nerfing door and giving a bishop more damage in Holy arrow or something.)

(Objective)
I dont expect to cause them to hault their incoming nerf, however i do want to bring light to this issue as i am very passionate about this class and its unique bossing properties. I hope i could help enlighten you on the class and perhaps with a sliver of hope make nexon attempt to give a better balance to our class. In a game where Evan makes almost every other class obsolete in Reboot, Mihile should not be the primary focus of your "balancing" dont kill an already dead class.

Thank you.
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    It essentially allows us to live ANY hit as long as we are at 100% hp (this includes one shots) which makes us a super tank that surpasses the likes of even Paladins.
    You should know that Paladins had this ability first, since RED. I understand why you'd be upset, but I (as a Paladin) would prefer this ability remain exclusive to Paladins, but being able to have it if you can pull of a Royal Guard is acceptable. I have made a Mihile a little while back for fun and to compare, so, I realize it is quite difficult to pull of consistently, but unlike Paladins, you're also able to share this with your party members through Soul Link, I believe Mihiles also have higher damage potential than Paladin. It honestly really is too much.

Paladins don't actually have any defensive party skills. Parashock Guard is completely useless against bosses with % HP damage. The best we can do is resurrect people and give them limited invincibility or, I guess bind could count where it works.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited October 2016
  • SnowDragon2SnowDragon2
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    Occire
    Occire said:

It essentially allows us to live ANY hit as long as we are at 100% hp (this includes one shots) which makes us a super tank that surpasses the likes of even Paladins.
    You should know that Paladins had this ability first, since RED. I understand why you'd be upset, but I (as a Paladin) would prefer this ability remain exclusive to Paladins, but being able to have it if you can pull of a Royal Guard is acceptable. I have made a Mihile a little while back for fun and to compare, so, I realize it is quite difficult to pull of consistently, but unlike Paladins, you're also able to share this with your party members through Soul Link, I believe Mihiles also have higher damage potential than Paladin. It honestly really is too much.

Paladins don't actually have any defensive party skills. Parashock Guard is completely useless against bosses with % HP damage. The best we can do is resurrect people and give them limited invincibility or, I guess bind could count where it works.

Although it is true Paladins also have little party viability, after this change Mihiles will have none. The best we can give is Rage and DR prevention. Being able to keep our abilities after Royal Guard would be alright, if you ignore the fact RG is extremely difficult to pull off and the restrictions to Soul Links ability still apply even in those few 15s. This change makes Soul Link essentially worthless.