[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New and Revamped areas for Zipangu

NakurusaNakurusa
Reactions: 730
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello Maplers!
I'm here today to ask for something that I wanted for a long time, always since it was released on jMS, plus more things that are in the jMS version of Zipangu (The original version).

Before I begin, I would like to show you guys something that bugs me

First of all, what's that "Tokyo" thing in the map? Why is it in the map if we don't have anything that's "Tokyo"? Why can't we click on Showa or Ninja Castle?
Wait, let's try searching for Showa on the World Map...

Well, looks like the city label isn't translated at all, and it was before the mushroom shrine patch. I know that having the map image as ショ-ワ doesn't affects the game at all, but it's just an introduction to what I'm about to say.

What I'm trying to say is that looks like they literally copy pasted jMS content and translated it. They also deleted the Ninja Castle Teleport, you can only go to Ninja Castle VIA Teleport Rock. But it's okay, everyone makes mistakes. I just want to use this to suggest new things!

So, since we have the Tokyo Map in the world map, and jMS showa image, why not implement them in game?
I mean, I think it's a good idea to implement the 'Present' Tokyo Area and also the revamped Showa Town that also MSEA has. (Skip to 17:40 if it doesnt) Which is a great zone to level up for higher levels!

Also, why not implement Neo Tokyo?
I think it was removed from jMS, but come on, let's add it!
You can get this nice star, which is similar to Balanced Fury BUT with more stars per stack and also a bullet that gives you +22 attack!

All those zones are for levels 140-180 aprox. So that will be good with the revamped mushroom shrine, since its kinda weird having mushroom shrine as a lv 140+ zone, and then Showa Town, that has .... this...

Anyways, that's it, I think.
PS: Asia is in the mushroom shrine questline, add neo tokyo so we can understand more about who's asiaaa REEEE
PS2: Nope, this is not about me being a weeb, I really like those zones so that's why im suggesting them! Also, i like how those stars look.
PS3: Kamuna is in game, but you can't get in there by entring on the portal that's supposed to lead you there, you can only go there via tele rock, and theres no BGM.

Thanks!

TD;LR: Add new zones for zipangu, Neo Tokyo, with the crafting items, Revamped Showa Town and Present Tokyo. Also fix the Ninja castle teleport.

nearQCatooolooo
  1. Should we get the jMS Content?27 votes
    1. YES!
       96% (26 votes)
    2. No, go away weebs
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• nearQnearQ
    Reactions: 900
    edited October 2016
    Omg! Yes pls, I love that idea
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    I think we should have exactly what JMS has right now for this area, However I will add that Neo Tokyo was Removed when they received the Mushroom shrine patch (the one we just got) months ago (around March)

I'm hopping JMS closed it with plans to revamp the areas and re release later.

I think they also need to implement the Great Battle of Sengoku content we never got, it would give us the rest of the crafting materials we need for certain Japanese myth equipments or at the very least Add these items image image into Boss drops (maybe even exclusively to Ranmaru)
    NakurusaSwordStaker
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    i brought this up in my post patch report, it made no sense to be missing so much of the content from the region when jms already had it before the implementation of mushroom shrine tales, it was essentially building upon the overhaul that was already in place.
    Nakurusapandabunnies
  • NakurusaNakurusa
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

I think we should have exactly what JMS has right now for this area, However I will add that Neo Tokyo was Removed when they received the Mushroom shrine patch (the one we just got) months ago (around March)

I think they also need to implement the Great Battle of Sengoku content we never got, it would give us the rest of the crafting materials we need for certain Japanese myth equipments or at the very least Add these items image image into Boss drops (maybe even exclusively to Ranmaru)

I forgot to add that!
    Thanks for commenting it ^^

Also, tfw people are more active in posts about implementing things on CS rather than new content :'(
    DarkPassenger
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2016
    Nakurusa
    Nakurusa said:

Catooolooo

I forgot to add that!

Also, tfw people are more active in posts about implementing things on CS rather than new content :'(
    Most people only want content that increases leveling or gives more op items. Sadly that's the American market. Places like Japan and Korea this works because they care about stories and immersion. The American market does not.
    Nakurusa
  • NakurusaNakurusa
    edited October 2016
    SwordStaker

Nakurusa
    Nakurusa said:

Catooolooo

I forgot to add that!

Most people only want content that increases leveling or gives more op items. Sadly that's the American market. Places like Japan and Korea this works because they care about stories and immersion. The American market does not.
    Yap, you're actually right.
    I think we will never see Neo Tokyo, Present Tokyo or Revamped Showa in GMS. That would be cool.
    I'm just sad that people are fapping over more cs things rather than content for ms.

• SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2016
    Nakurusa
    Nakurusa said:

SwordStaker

Nakurusa
    Nakurusa said:

Catooolooo

I forgot to add that!

Yap, you're actually right.
    I think we will never see Neo Tokyo, Present Tokyo or Revamped Showa in GMS. That would be cool.
    I'm just sad that people are fapping over more cs things rather than content for ms.

I still have faith. GMS seems to be getting almost exactly what CMS, JMS and TWMS are getting. If CMS gets it we have a very large chance of getting it I believe.
    Nakurusa
  • ImZelkovaImZelkova
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Tokyo/The untranslated area was introduced into JMS about 2ish years ago IIRC. It was a custom content area (like Zipangu as a whole is) with it's own storyline. IDK why Nexon included it in GMS data if we don't have it.

Neo Tokyo was torn down and rebuilt as "Neo City" almost a decade ago (I think) by Nexon Korea. Your guess is as good as mine as to why it does not exist.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I can't say anything about anything else, but Kamuna is probably inaccessible via the portal, because it is where you fight the final boss during the Mushroom Shrine Tales story. You cannot access any of the other boss areas after defeating them (besides Tengu), so it makes sense this area would be blocked too.

You should also update the information about Ninja Castle, as it is accessible via the npc Palanquin in Mushroom Shrine Tales regardless of progress in the story.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    ImZelkova wrote: »
    Neo Tokyo was torn down and rebuilt as "Neo City" almost a decade ago (I think) by Nexon Korea. Your guess is as good as mine as to why it does not exist.

that's not quite correct. Neo City was a reuse of Neo Tokyo assets but neo tokyo was still around in JMS for a long time until the Zippangu revamp, it was still accessible up to that point. So it was as much of a "tearing down" of Neo tokyo for JMS as KMS's implementation of a "masteria" Alter PQ did to GMS's versions/counterparts.

though at this point I feel JMS will probably just use whatever KMS releases as their replacement.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    The end of Mushroom Shrine Tales does hint at a Neo Tokyo revamp in the future.
    after Genkou is defeated, the One-Horned Man who decides to take Genkou's power is Dunas, who is a major antagonist in the original Neo Tokyo

But who knows when JMS will get around to that.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    So, we're not gonna get an update on this suggestion. We should've had it this way in the first place.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    [Please Delete, this comment was meant for another thread ]
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited January 2018
    Wish we'd get it as soon as possible, though I'll bet on 5bil mesos that we won't get it at least not for the next six months.