[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

General Improvements for Throwing Stars

BlissfulBlissful
Reactions: 875
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello, I am a long-term Night Lord main and two annoyances I have for throwing stars (used by Assassins, Hermits, and Night Lords) is where I can recharge them and how it can fill up a lot of inventory space. There could be a few changes that could alleviate these problems.

Quality of life suggestions:
  • Allow any and all throwing stars to be recharged at any shops. This should include our Android shops. If you can buy arrows and potions anywhere, you should be able to recharge your stars. Also, there is a huge inconsistency on where you can recharge stars and which stars.
  • Have a "throwing star slot" for a selected throwing star to reduce inventory space. I am personally fine carrying twelve sets of stars, but there is a lot of use items that I would like to save up in my inventory space such as scrolls and potions. This is just a mere suggestion, but I realize there might be a balance problem with Shadow Stars.
BlazeDash

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    100% agree on the ability to recharge all stars at all shops.

I would like to see a separate inventory for throwing stars, or at least a bag. I don't know if I would like a dedicated slot. I carry mostly steelies (cause they look the coolest) and 1 set of icies, when I see icies I know that I need to recharge soon, which is extremely helpful and takes pressure off of accidentally running out of stars. However, if we had only a single dedicated throwing star slot I don't trust Nexon to code it in such a way that this would still work.
  • BlissfulBlissful
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

I would like to see a separate inventory for throwing stars, or at least a bag. I don't know if I would like a dedicated slot. I carry mostly steelies (cause they look the coolest) and 1 set of icies, when I see icies I know that I need to recharge soon, which is extremely helpful and takes pressure off of accidentally running out of stars. However, if we had only a single dedicated throwing star slot I don't trust Nexon to code it in such a way that this would still work.
    There is a huge inconsistency in where you can recharge your stars, and some shops do not allow you to recharge any stars. It is just a hassle if you have a variety of stars to go to multiple locations to recharge everything.

I just think it's another function of MapleStory that seems dated.
    BlazeDash
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited October 2016
    smh these kids these days are so entitled that they want to change how things have been for 10 years.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2016
    xparasite9

smh these kids these days are so entitled that they want to change how things have been for 10 years.
    I'm a conservative too but damn. It's a change for the better not one that will set us back 5 years.

I'd like to offer my opinion and it's to increase the max capacity of throwing stars to 10,000. The star's base capacity will be increased to 8,000 while Claw Mastery ( I think) raises max capacity to 10,000. Also, would be really easy to change their ghost star/bullet skills for corsair, night lord, and night walker to just not consume stars at all like archers' concentrate skill.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Blissful
    Blissful said:

gamechanger

There is a huge inconsistency in where you can recharge your stars, and some shops do not allow you to recharge any stars. It is just a hassle if you have a variety of stars to go to multiple locations to recharge everything.

I just think it's another function of MapleStory that seems dated.
    The inconsistency comes from the fact that there is not a simple "General Store" class in MS that all the others are based off of (or if there is one its either not used or useless). This class should contain all the common functionality of stores (being able to buy/sell items and recharge throwing stars for example). If Nexon would simply do this then it would be possible to recharge all stars at all shops. The fact that it isn't indicates that they have to manually go to eachshop in the code and tell if which stars it can and cannot recharge, which is a waste of time to implement and isn't guaranteed to get every general store in the game.
    Its2Sharp4UBlazeDash
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    a scrollable charm would be nice too
    i mean all the other thiefs get a scrollable secondary why not nls</3
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Pimppi said:

i mean all the other thiefs get a scrollable secondary why not nls</3</p>
    The other thiefs also don't have as high an attack multiplier on their weapons.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Formulas

The attack multiplier on the claw is the second highest in the game, coming in 0.45 above both claws and kataras.
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Pimppi said:

The attack multiplier on the claw is the second highest in the game, coming in 0.45 above both claws and kataras.
    its just best charm for nls is princess no with whopping 9 attack
    the next one is 5 att
    and i see kataras w/ 300+ attack and shields w/ 40+ att
    is .3~ .45 really 200-300 for a godly katara attack diff?
    im not claiming to be a maple math expert
    im just wondering why theres so much difference
    its way easyier to get 2m/2m on db dit ect then nl i just dont see why
    i know people play for a month not spend a dime hit 2m in a month
    as db while im a nl play since beta still not 2m
    when you upgrading ur equips u scroll your primary and secondary first
    on almost all classes
    just the few have items u cant scroll
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Pimppi said:

gamechanger

Pimppi said:

its just best charm for nls is princess no with whopping 9 attack
    the next one is 5 att
    and i see kataras w/ 300+ attack and shields w/ 40+ att
    is .3~ .45 really 200-300 for a godly katara attack diff?
    im not claiming to be a maple math expert
    im just wondering why theres so much difference
    its way easyier to get 2m/2m on db dit ect then nl i just dont see why
    i know people play for a month not spend a dime hit 2m in a month
    as db while im a nl play since beta still not 2m
    when you upgrading ur equips u scroll your primary and secondary first
    on almost all classes
    just the few have items u cant scroll
    NL skills also have much higher damage % than DB skills do. The two classes are pretty well balanced honestly
    edited October 2016
    i dont understand how u can say its even
    hop on a nl thats 2m
    then do job change to db grab a clean weapons and tell me ur not still 2m
    - 2 legendary weps and still 2m balanced?
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Pimppi said:

i dont understand how u can say its even
    hop on a nl thats 2m
    then do job change to db grab a clean weapons and tell me ur not still 2m
    - 2 legendary weps and still 2m balanced?
    The damage range is meaningless if you compare different classes. The only sorta useful comparison is to learn how to play both classes well, then buy training dummies and see what kind of damage you can output. DB and NL are fairly well balanced in that regard at most levels of funding
  • BlissfulBlissful
    edited November 2016
    So I hope Nexon kinda does take this suggest into consideration, because I find it silly I cannot restore my Balanced Furies in the Henesys General Store. :(
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    NL is probably easiest thief class to reach 2m but we do miss out on luk and dex stats from secondaries that could be primed on a shadower/db :/
  • BlissfulBlissful
    edited November 2016
    Is this a bug or intentional?