[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I'm going crazy...

_Cas__Cas_
Reactions: 1,160
edited December 2016 in Rants and Raves
So i seriously want to know...

Is European English gibberish to those outside of Europe?

Because I have a pretty large amount of evidence to back up this idea...

I mean, a GM comes to Luna world for an event, and stands there doing nothing for a while. I kindly walk past and say "good evening GM", and they blank me entirely, go into hide mode, then vanish from the map...

A few days later, a GM comes into Luna to do a different event. I attempt to speak to them, get plain ignored. This happened a good 10 or so times before i gave up entirely; and no, i am not one of those "GM NOTICE ME" people. I simply tried to welcome them and request a game board play.

And then.... THEN... we come to support. Oh yes, good old 'support'. Or rather, ANTI-support.
It's like... every issue I'm asking for help with, i get an incorrect response! Literally... Either they mistake the issue for something entirely different, or just plain ignore me.

So I'd like to honestly ask now...
Dear all of you American members of the Maplestory Community,
Does European English sound like gibberish to you?
Does our words confuse you?
Are our languages SO different that it is hard to have a simple conversation with 1 member of the American community?

I wouldn't be so extremely stressed right now, if we didn't have this ridiculous server merge. Everything before the migration was fine, and players and staff members could understand eachother. But now i don't have any idea what on earth is going on...

Maybe us European players don't even really exist? Maybe we're just broken game-data. Who knows...

Going to stop ranting now and make some tea before i break something.

P.s,
i mean no offense to Nexon, nor the staff members, nor the community, in any way. I still love you all - even when i don't. F3
NullNicoPonky95muhhaJettLuvsU

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Don't take it personally.
    I don't know about in-game GMs, but the live-chat and ticket-handling GMs don't understand American English either.
    In fact, I'm not even sure they're human. They certainly don't pass the Turing Test.
    If they are human, they imitate a computer very well. They use an automated tool to pick keywords from your question/request/complaint, match them to their "knowledge base", and generate a form response which is rarely appropriate, but can occasionally be entertaining in the #BluePotsForPP meme-generating way.
    _Cas_JettLuvsUEffortless
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited December 2016
    Because Nexon staffs are sh~t. They are minimalists. If they weren't told to respond to players then they wouldn't. As long as they can get by.
    JettLuvsU