[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bishop touch up

GordonDOVGordonDOV
Reactions: 300
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So to start, I already know that with the inclusion of 5th job, the exp needed to reach 200 was dropped by around 30%. Because of this, skills like Bishops Holy Symbol received a huge nerf to where they no longer give you a percentage of exp, but rather a base amount. Now the whole concept of Bishop and that whole class line, was its huge emphasis on Holy Symbol and thats what made them so marketable for parties and individual players alike. However, thanks to the nerf, they seem to lose their relevance. Now Bishops are less likely to be made and sought out because they are fairly weak in comparison to other classes and despite their immense amount of buffs, their biggest selling point was Holy Symbol. I understand that the nerf was necessary, but now it feels like the games doesnt really have a need for the class. Now, I'm not saying to revert it back to the old way. Thats pretty crazy with how easy it is to level as it is right now. But, I feel like there should be some compensation for the class. With the Holy Symbol nerf and on top of that, it being near impossible to make good use of our 5th job skill due to the intense stat requirements to max out its effectiveness, giving the class a little buff or more utility here or there would be nice. What I would propose is that something along the lines of their hyper skill, Holy Symbol - Item Drop, increase the drop rate of the skill to somewhere around 40%, or even adding an amount to the original skill. This way, people find the class more desirable and would want to recruit one to their party more often. Bishop tends to get overshadowed by Kanna due to their Kinshin spawn rate so I feel like this adjustment would if anything, attempt to level out the playing field.

If you have any other suggestions as to how to improve the Bishop situation, feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• NumbNinjaNumbNinja
    Reactions: 995
    edited December 2016
    Give bishops a stronger blessing buff and maybe a % chance to survival fatal attack party buff
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016
    I think they should do that, would be cool to have Bishops with more importance again, specially with Decent HS bishops are almsot a goner, they could make the Decent HS the way it's now and the bishop one like the old way, they could give a passive 10%drop to the 3job HS , this way even Decent HS wouldn't be as good.

@NumbNinjaand i think a skill with %chance to surviave fatal attack might be some future 5job skill, i also would love the old skill that they had, to resist abnormal status at max lv was 40secs of 2min cool down, pretty OP.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2016
    For philosophically being a healing/buffing party support class, our Bishops excel in NONE of those particularly well. Mostly due to Maplestory's compromising game mechanics. For example, there is NOTHING we can contribute during an Ursus raid outside of below average DPS; Resurrection will not work in boss rooms with a life counter.

Having %based HP potions so easily accessible to players means there is little need for a teammate to be the combat medic. Even if someone wanted to, the variety of curative tools available are a far cry from adequate. Heal has undergone so many nerfs to the point the skill now requires a long cooldown, restores very little HP, and requires the caster to be positioned at point blank range of their ally. During RED, Heal did provide a branding effect as a way of balancing Bishop's abysmally low offensive capabilities; but the cooldown makes such potential rather pointless.

Holy Magic Shell was designed to be our ultimate trump card; allowing for not only a full party restore but also granting an emergency stopgap for when a nasty AoE is on the way. Just one complication: both the shield and Magic Guard do NOTHING against %-based attacks like the ones used by about 99% of bosses (i.e. Magnus' meteors, Ark's screen break, and just about everything in CRA) . If it weren't for the hyper skills, HMS would be on par with heal in terms of utility; or rather futility.

Angel ray is capped at healing up to 20% of your ally's HP and is currently the only spammable healing skill. When in a fix, just remember our wounded friend has to be standing right in the line of fire and not be dead by the 3rd or 4th cast.

I said this once on Reddit, but I'll say it here: "Give Clerics more heal, less Hell!"
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited March 2017
    u need to take off heaven door cool down on bishop only so it can activate every 3 mins and let the others have a 10 min cool down. also u need to give it another attacking skill kinda like wind archers spam arrow move but with bishop make it so it can spam like dat and heal. make the buffs more op and fix the 5th job so it has same functions as holy fountian once u do that bishop shud be gud doesnt need alot but those things i listed so it can survive and be of use cuz if hs is being nerf then we need another attacking skill that spams the area like wind archers bow.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited March 2017
    also allow bishops a way to aviod ground attacks like guardian shaos bugs that swarm the map and hillas cage.