[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Training Guide (1-250)

Comments

• KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    Well it'll change once the migration happens.
    Yonax
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

Normal Zakum gives around 8mil a kill(its really easy to kill). Normal Horntail gives around 80mil(just watch out for 1/1 and seduce and you'll be fine) and Pink bean gives 90mil itself 3mil per statue on normal mode(does have Damage reflect so watch out) also Horntail gives a -1% exp per death unless you got a charm. I think Chaos Pink bean gives more and so does Chaos Horntail(if you have the range to KILL THEM.)
    You would think that, but you'd be wrong. Chaos PB gives literally the exact same exp and drops as normal. Difference of the weapons/armor(still worthless) and some face or eye slot item.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    hey not as worthless as Hard hillna's drops and Chaos Zakum's drops.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    At least those two give some amount more exp than their normal counterparts. CPB is literally just a dps check.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    yes and its a lets see how you like dealing with damage reflect and Potentail lock spam.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Krexel and The Boss give decent exp
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

yes and its a lets see how you like dealing with damage reflect and Potentail lock spam.
    Haven't had much issue with either before.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    chaoscauser

I never fought the boss.
    I do wish that blockbuster's exp from mobs were higher.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

chaoscauser

I never fought the boss.
    I do wish that blockbuster's exp from mobs were higher.
    Don't we all

• SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Poison Jiangshi in Shanghai give amazing EXP for 140-150 and almost always burning stage 10.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

Poison Jiangshi in Shanghai give amazing EXP for 140-150 and almost always burning stage 10.
    Already listed, personally I would go there now 140-160 if you don't have enough starforce.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Here's personally where i train my characters:
    1-10 job stuff
    10-25 blue mushmom (you want to try to get all 20 channels)
    25-30 coconut monsters in gold beach
    30-45 purple clam slimes in gold beach
    45-80 drakes in sleepywood
    80-100 sand rats and scorpions in ariant
    100-130 robots in ludibrium (i like the map all the way to the right, it has a big spawn and its all close together)
    I haven't really figured out what's the best past 130 yet, most of my characters i either stopped at 120 or my main i got to 210 a few years ago when stuff was different.
    What you can do at 130 is go to Korean Folk Town and do all of the signpost quests. They give a buttload of exp and some mesos. There's one for Moon Bunnies, one for the Axe Stumps if you take the top right portal in the Moon Bunny map. There's one for the two different tiger dudes there(Don't remember names lol), one for Blinns(but this one is a pain in the arse, cause it only counts them when they're the rock-block dudes and not the little blue flame guys) and finally one for the three different colors of goblins.

Once you get through that, you can grind on Moon Bunnies for a while cause that exp is pretty hella. Past that you can go to Shanghai and grind on the Poison Jiangshi til 150 or 160 or so. Past that, I really don't know, because 160 is usually where I start leveling purely from doing daily bosses lol
    I think at around 130 you can also start on the gollux/commerci prequest as well as ghost ship/krexel prequests. I remember it being decently good exp plus the rewards/access is worth it too.
  • qouowqouow
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2016
    I don't understand Sahel II. The scorpions are like level 90! How am i supposed to train x.x
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    qouow
    qouow said:

I don't understand Sahel II. The scorpions are like level 90! How am i supposed to train x.x
    It depends on the server, really.
    The accuracy formula is different between normal servers and Reboot. Reboot monsters also have 10x the HP, and Reboot characters are generally weaker than normal-server chars at low levels, because they don't have "leveling gear" (stuff like evolving rings and absolute belt/shoulder moved from other chars).
    Consequently, while on normal servers it's quite feasible to train on monsters 20 levels above yours (or even 25 levels if you're a class that hits many lines and you have good gear), in Reboot you generally shouldn't go to maps over 10 levels above you.
  • qouowqouow
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

qouow
    qouow said:

It depends on the server, really.
    The accuracy formula is different between normal servers and Reboot. Reboot monsters also have 10x the HP, and Reboot characters are generally weaker than normal-server chars at low levels, because they don't have "leveling gear" (stuff like evolving rings and absolute belt/shoulder moved from other chars).
    Consequently, while on normal servers it's quite feasible to train on monsters 20 levels above yours (or even 25 levels if you're a class that hits many lines and you have good gear), in Reboot you generally shouldn't go to maps over 10 levels above you.
    Ooooooh thank you! That makes so much sense! Do you know a good place to train in Reboot at level 75-100 or so? I had to grind white fangs for a LONG time just for level 80......
  • SwordBossSwordBoss
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2016
    lol you gotta be rockin a serious package to be going to sahel 2 at level 65 and not be hitting "MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS" on a new char
  • BigDaddyDavidBigDaddyDavid
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2016
    I think there should be tags that differenciate reboot from non reboot
  • LegionPothIXLegionPothIX
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited October 2016
    For 160+ the new-and-improved Monster Park is pretty viable for some fast exp, since they've been reworked to take a lot less time. 35m from the oblivion road (for just one example) is about 5% at level 185. You get 2 free entrances, but have to buy the remaining 5 from the cash shop. If you're playing on Reboot, you can get those tickets for 3.5m each so 7 monster park runs a day (35% exp) is completely doable at 160+.

For 120-140, since Monster Park Extreme is out, you may want to look at Thanatos's in Deep Inside the Clock Tower. They're tough, and hit hard, but are easy to mob and are almost always 100% burning exp (making them better exp than MPE if you can mob them quickly). The map is two long flat levels and it also spawns runes to work with. Requires star power.
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    With the upcomming 5th job I expect quite some changes to the training guide. Especially at the higher levels, with the new areas. So I would like to kindly ask everyone to contribute to this topic and I try to confirm it and than update it in the first post.
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Since we got V patch now and the new exp curve, it's soon time to update the training guide.

Points to consider you in general wanna stay within 10 levels of the mobs level and within 4 levels for most optimal exp.
    When you're 10-20 levels outside the mobs range, it will feel really slow but it is optional for 1 or 2 levels, before moving to the next map.
    Leveling on mobs with more than 20 level difference is a NO GO, this will be very bad exp!

So considering this I'm gonna make a start updating the guide, help is always welcome!
    Mrjovoni