[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Friend Story crashes when using smart phone

BailorocBailoroc
Reactions: 200
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Friend Story, functionality

Description: Since the latest update, it's impossible to use the smart phone button provided by the game to complete any of the Friend Story quests. I have used three separate characters, two Explorers and one Angelic Buster, and when I opened up the smart phone and either select "Contacts" or "Messages", the game immediately freezes and crashes.

I was able to use the smart phone device just before the Halloween update, so I can only logically conclude that patch must be why the game crashes. And since several quests require the character to use the smart phone and click on contacts, this renders most, if not all, Friend Story quests uncompletable.

If any of the higher ups have any questions for me or if I forgot to mention something related, please let me know and I'll answer to the best of my ability. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    I'm personally able to click these buttons without issue. Do you know anyone else experiencing the issue to correlate possible factors? I'm currently finished to Chapter 4 (I reset a while ago and never re-completed).
    Invulgo
  • GoosefleshGooseflesh
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    I'm also having this issue on all of my characters. Messages crashes the game every time and Contacts crashes the game every time I get a new contact.
  • BailorocBailoroc
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    MegaScience

I'm personally able to click these buttons without issue. Do you know anyone else experiencing the issue to correlate possible factors? I'm currently finished to Chapter 4 (I reset a while ago and never re-completed).
    Aside from what Gooseflesh above me stated, no, but that's because I don't know personally anyone else who plays Maple Story. After the v.177 update, I clicked open the smart phone and select contacts and the game stopped working again. I get the following error message:

"MapleStory has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Again, this only happens if I open the smart phone and select either messages or contacts and this only happened after the Halloween update.
  • yarjoryarjor
    edited October 2016
    I also experience this issue - on Chapter 1, specifically Where did Cygnus go? quest.
  • TrophaeumTrophaeum
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    yarjor
    yarjor said:

I also experience this issue - on Chapter 1, specifically Where did Cygnus go? quest.
    I got same problem on this quest earlier. Although calling Cygnus using the "Phone" button instead of the "Contacts" button seems to be working.
  • KazeyomaKazeyoma
    Reactions: 565
    edited November 2016
    bump, yes im experiencing this as well, please fix.
  • metametametameta
    edited November 2016
    I am having this issue as well.
  • KazeyomaKazeyoma
    edited November 2016
    bump
  • KazeyomaKazeyoma
    edited November 2016
    bump