[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

KMS - Worrying Change

TheAmazingJTheAmazingJ
Reactions: 510
edited January 2017 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
So, I was just reading through the Beyond notes on Orangemushroom.net and I noticed something that I can't find anyone talking about.

- Characters who are out of combat will be excluded from the party experience bonus and distribution.

So, KMS is effectively trying to kill leeching.

What do you think about this change? I don't know how prevalent this is in the upper-level play nowadays, but I remember back in the days of LHC party-play, often bishops and other support classes would rely on leeching (in return for buffs) to level.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    This could hurt Kannas severely unless they manage to get some semi decent damage buffing so they can be more...sufficient.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited January 2017
    Petalmagic

This could hurt Kannas severely unless they manage to get some semi decent damage buffing so they can be more...sufficient.
    kanna's have pretty decent damage if you know what you're doing, not sure how this will hurt kanna's specfically unless your saying Kanna's cant get exp without selling kishin with getting leech in return (which my lvl 200 Kanna has something to say about that) it might be hard if the kanna's your talking about are just mule kannas for selling kishin. If anything this will just cause an increase in kishin service cost.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Well it's been going single player for some time now and this furthers it.... disapointing once again
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    chaoscauser

: Well it's been going single player for some time now and this furthers it.... disapointing once again
    Because leeching is a desirable form of multi-player?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited January 2017
    chaoscauser

Well it's been going single player for some time now and this furthers it.... disapointing once again
    actually this is a good move, all they need to do now is take away the EXP penalty for being in a party and we would have optimal (and real) party play
    Ivangold
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    actually this is a good move, all they need to do now is take away the EXP penalty for being in a party and we would have optimal (and real) party play

This...yes..so much
  • NekudanNekudan
    Reactions: 910
    edited February 2017
    Kinda ruins Bleast Tamers Cat mode though.
    Theres no skill they can use during that mode to actually drastically help a party out other than buff... RIP Support.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited February 2017
    Nekudan wrote: »
    Theres no skill they can use during that mode to actually drastically help a party out other than buff... RIP Support.

actually they have blitzkreg cradle and that other AoE skill,but i think we can all agree BT needs some major updates
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    Not a bad idea because say the leecher is a higher level than the other party, they get majority exp pool, then it trickles down.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    Nekudan wrote: »
    they have the purr zone which heals party over time and deals damage

• AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2017
    They already killed leaching when people giving people leech exp got less exp for actually being in a party, even in a total party of 2 and it being a bishop.

With the HS nerf, and addition to Decent HS nodes along with this change, Nexon is just beating a dead horse as many people have started solo-playing this game for years.
    JettLuvsU
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Leeching was essentially killed off years ago, so i don't see much of an issue with them implementing such a change.