[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

D/cing like CRAZY at Chu Chu Island.

TorvahTorvah
Reactions: 410
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Disconection

Brief bug summary:
Training at any of the Eree Valley Torrent maps in Chu Chu Island, or any of the quest areas, or even the Hungry Muto PQ, causes disconnection. Sometimes just attacking one monster can disconnect you, or a group of them. Highly unstable reigon. This does not occur in Vanishing Journey.

More details:
May be linked to attacking too many monsters, but this does not happen at SDH or HoH with attacking over 12 monsters at once. Only at Chu Chu Island is it highly unstable and disconnections are frequent. This is happening to everyone I know. Also, it does not matter if you move or do not move whilst using your attack skills. You will d/c regardless.

It may just be that my Phantom's skill, Mille Aiguilles, is bugged, or several other skills, that cause disconnection when attacking monsters in Chu Chu Valley. But this has happened to other non-Phantom maplers. Posts in this Bug Reporting forum are proofs of that.

Proof: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9486/dc-at-specific-areas-of-chu-chu-island#latest

Steps to reproduce:
1. Log into any channel in the Chu Chu Island / Eree Valley Torrent / Hungry Muto PQ maps.
2. Attack any number of monsters there, and/or move around the river.
3. You will experience lag, you may turn off your pet loot / pets, but:
4. You will be taken back to the world selection screen and be told that the game cannot connect to the server.

Character name: Torvah
Character level: 212
Character job: Phantom
World name: Windia
Date and time of the incident: Every 2 minutes since January 3rd. Time zone irrelevant.

Please address this issue. It is incredibly amazing to have such a training map, and such an interesting party quest (instead of daily quests) and I and many maplers have much planned for levelling in the months to come. Any insight on this would be fantastic. I will reply when possible, and anyone who is experiencing the same thing please support this thread. Thank you.
Catharanthus

Comments

• DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited January 2017
    This also applies to the Hungry Muto PQ in Chu Chu Island. I can't even do Hard mode without DCing within a couple minutes of starting the PQ. I have do to Normal mode at an awkward pace in order to avoid DCing and it doesn't work / help on Hard Mode.

Character name: Eizen
    Character level: 210
    Character job: Blaster
    World name: Reboot
    Date and time of the incident: Any day, every day.
    Torvah
  • TorvahTorvah
    Reactions: 410
    edited January 2017
    Thank you, DarkZetta. I have updated the post to include the Hungry Muto PQ. I can add myself as evidence for experiencing, twice in a row, disconnections at Hungry Muto PQ. I cannot even complete the first meal before I am disconnected.

Anyone else, please feel free to add to this if you are experiencing the like or have any insight on the matter.
  • iCocaColaxiCocaColax
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    well im having the same problem... connection problem over whole chu chu island...
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited January 2017
    I can attest to the high disconnection rate in Chu Chu Island.

IGN: Anègasakí
    Level: 216
    Class: Hayato(5)
    World/Alliance: MYBCKN

It seems like the area does not like people with intense mobbing ability. However, the same thing occasionally happens in the Arcane River area too. Have not experienced it outside those areas.

I tried Chu Chu Island PQ alone and in party, only to d/c about 1 recipe in. I've also tried doing the PQ on wireless and wired connections. Based on my various configurations, I judge that the d/cs are based on high server-end latency or peak hour strain on my ISP.
  • MutsukiJunMutsukiJun
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    Character name: MutsukiJun
    Character job: Thunder Breaker

keep DC when doing prequest
  • FringeGMSFringeGMS
    Reactions: 460
    edited February 2017
    Character name: EverSo
    Character Level: 214
    Character job: Kanna
    World Name: Scania
  • TwofishTwofish
    Reactions: 745
    edited February 2017
    Character name: mpcAvenger
    Character job: Demon Avenger

Constantly D/C at special maps in Chu Chu Island (where characters can swim, including Torrent Zone and Hungry Muto PQ).