[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Last Chance: Global Migration Update

SaygoSaygo
Reactions: 825
Administrator, Nexon
edited January 2017 in Announcements

Since November 2016, we have been performing service migrations to bring former Europe MapleStory players into Global MapleStory. This allows European players to experience all of the current and future events occurring in Global MapleStory.

If you are a former Europe MapleStory player and have not yet migrated your account data to Global MapleStory, you have until 5:00 PM CET (8:00 AM PST) on January 11. Migration will close, and you will not be able to migrate your account after that time. The last service migration maintenance will occur the following day on January 12.

In order to migrate your Europe MapleStory account data to Global MapleStory, please visit the migration site and follow the instructions to accept both the service migration and the MapleStory game migration. Remember, you must have completed the migration steps before 5:00 PM CET (8:00 AM PST) on January 11in order to play Global MapleStory!

For more information about the migration, please click here:
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/18310/maple-memo-global-migration-update

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    It doesn't work because they STILL have roughly 95% of the forum's formatting features neutered. If you click quote, you'll see all the attempted formatting that, hysterically, doesn't work.

Any time you guys wanna get on fixing that would be nice...
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited January 2017
    Aggraphine

It doesn't work because they STILL have roughly 95% of the forum's formatting features neutered. If you click quote, you'll see all the attempted formatting that, hysterically, doesn't work.

Any time you guys wanna get on fixing that would be nice...
    Ha..... them fixing something? That's a good joke.

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    It's really nice that they're doing this.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    I fixed the link.
    Shosen
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Considering that there are still people who registered for migration on time, but whose accounts still haven't been properly migrated, this "Last Chance" is a bit premature, in my opinion.
  • jasonxddjasonxdd
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    "Nexon gets anything right in 2017 LUL"
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited January 2017
    Since the migration, it's so difficult to open the log in window. It always crash. Never happened before. It took me like 5-10x tries. Btw. I live in Sweden.

One more thing..i stil can't log on to my europe account and i have migrated it. But it keeps saying: Can't find the ID (something like that). But i can log in to the website with my European Account.
  • ShosenShosen
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited January 2017
    I'm having some problem here too... :/
    I tried to login on my account on which I've already accepted all the terms and such. I managed to get past the channel selection on my second try and the character list started loading. But! Once it was done loading the list was empty. All my characters must have gone somewhere else if they did make it past the migration...
    Any known problems surrounding this?
    Eludiaxcs
  • EludiaxcsEludiaxcs
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2017
    Shosen
    Shosen said:

I tried to login on my account on which I've already accepted all the terms and such. I managed to get past the channel selection on my second try and the character list started loading. But! Once it was done loading the list was empty. All my characters must have gone somewhere else if they did make it past the migration...
    I have the exact same issue, all my characters are gone, all my items, but my NX balance seems to be right so there must be some problem with the characters, maybe migrated to the wrong world which does not exist or something like that

• ShosenShosen
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited January 2017

Shosen: said:

I have the exact same issue, all my characters are gone, all my items, but my NX balance seems to be right so there must be some problem with the characters, maybe migrated to the wrong world which does not exist or something like that

Answer: It's a comforting to know that I'm not along in this mess. Even though I wouldn't want anyone else to share this problem... Well! Keep in contact with Nexon and let's see how this will unravel. Make sure they get to know about the fact the your balance seems to have migrated successfully. The problem with the characters must lie somewhere along the way if that would be the case.
    I would really appreciate if you could keep me updated about this.

Good luck to us!
  • EludiaxcsEludiaxcs
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2017
    Shosen
    Shosen said:

Shosen: said:

Answer: It's a comforting to know that I'm not along in this mess. Even though I wouldn't want anyone else to share this problem... Well! Keep in contact with Nexon and let's see how this will unravel. Make sure they get to know about the fact the your balance seems to have migrated successfully. The problem with the characters must lie somewhere along the way if that would be the case.
    I would really appreciate if you could keep me updated about this.

Good luck to us!
    I submitted a ticket to almost every GM possible i guess ;p
    I will certainly keep you up-to-date with my process, you should submit some tickets of your own in the meantime.
    Do not forget to adress the fact that you are not the only person with this problem, it will probably help them if they know that you are not the only one.
    My guess is that we will not be able to retrieve our accounts, and get some bad compensation from nexon on other accounts, which would make me quit nexon games altogether.

Good luck to us indeed..
  • Agent_DragonfuryAgent_Dragonfury
    Reactions: 590
    edited March 2017
    Saygo wrote: »
    Since November 2016, we have been performing service migrations to bring former Europe MapleStory players into Global MapleStory. This allows European players to experience all of the current and future events occurring in Global MapleStory.<br />
    If you are a former Europe MapleStory player and have not yet migrated your account data to Global MapleStory, you have until 5:00 PM CET (8:00 AM PST) on January 11. Migration will close, and you will not be able to migrate your account after that time. The last service migration maintenance will occur the following day on January 12.<br />
    In order to migrate your Europe MapleStory account data to Global MapleStory, please visit the migration site and follow the instructions to accept both the service migration and the MapleStory game migration. Remember, you must have completed the migration steps before 5:00 PM CET (8:00 AM PST) on January 11in order to play Global MapleStory!<br />
    For more information about the migration, please click here:<br />
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/18310/maple-memo-global-migration-update

This is obnoxious. You're essentially deleting all the characters and cash items of everyone who doesn't feel like playing right now. That doesn't mean they won't decide they want to pick up the game again six months or two years from now. How much server space could those extra characters possibly take up? Just transfer all the accounts!