[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Suggestion] Add in a story or easy Lucid

bumbertyrbumbertyr
Reactions: 6,610
Nexon
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Truthfully as short as it's been, Lachelein has possibly been not only one of the coolest areas I've been too, but the backstory behind Lucid, her rise to power, and -Spoilers- her Betrayal of the black mage is incredible. The only downside to this is that the final part of the story is locked behind defeating lucid, which for many players just isn't a feasible feat. I love the stories in maplestory, and leaving a quest chain unfinished leaves such an irking feeling, one that you really just can't shake. I propose that a story mode version of Lucid, similar to The block buster versions of Lotus and Damien be implemented, OR an easy mode be implemented that has minimal drops such as nodes and symbols but none of the required materials for the Arcane set. I can't speak for others on this matter, but i truly would love to complete this dramatic quest chain.
FennekinJettLuvsUYinYangXMawg
  1. Which sounds better?29 votes
    1. Easy mode Lucid with minimal Drops
       48% (14 votes)
    2. 1 time Story lucid with no drops
       28% (8 votes)
    3. none, just beat normal lucid
       24% (7 votes)

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Please yes. Story Mode Lucid would be great. C&P from that one other thread:

"Really wish there was a sort of "story mode" version that's a 1 on 1 duel with her, though, with no rewards (except maybe counting for clearing the quest) but significantly easier. Like the Black Heaven of Heroes of Maple boss battles. The second part of the boss fight looks so amazing (watching the KMS people killing her) but it's ruined by the screen just getting completely covered in numbers and avatars :_; And the way you go through the questline makes it feel like it's building up towards an epic 1 on 1 showdown...

Oh well. In my "story", Lucid wins and envelops Maple World in her dream or whatever she was planning lol."

The Lachelein questline is definitely my favorite by far. Everything was just spot on. Music, scenery, dialogue, characters... A 1v1 showdown seemed to be what they were building up towards. The whole questline centers around YOU. YOU'RE the main character in this. YOU'RE the one everyone's pinning their hopes on. In this story, only ONE "adventurer" exists. Which makes it pretty dumb to be forced to party up to beat Lucid (even though I highly doubt a party of 6 peeps with my range would even scratch her lol).

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I'm not 220 yet so I can't comment specifically about the Lachelein content, but I did want to say that I much prefer the "quest line" format to the "blockbuster" one.

However, if seeing the end of the story requires beating a boss that 99.9% of Maplers never will, even if they get to level 230, then we do have a problem.

My preferred solution is a story-mode Lucid fight, as the final quest in the quest line. She'd have to be realistically defeatable by the majority of players at that level.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    @AKradian, the end of the story requires you to beat Lucid.

http://i.imgur.com/IOP1qZk.png

• Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited January 2017
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

beating a boss that *99.999%* of Maplers never will,
    fixed that for ya
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Its2Sharp4U

: AKradian, the end of the story requires you to beat Lucid.
    And that's it? You beat her and you're told "you saved us all" and quest completion?
    Or you get more dialog that would be interesting to read for anyone interesting in story/lore?

Questlines that end with requiring you to kill an endgame boss are common enough in MapleStory (Horntail, Pink Bean, Cygnus, etc). I could live with another one like that.
    But in the blockbusters, we had more dialog and sometimes even considerable action after defeating the boss. (Why, Masteria Through Time had an entire ACT after defeating the boss).
    Is Lucid the first kind (as you seem to imply) or the second (as bumbertyr is saying)?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    @AKradian I'm going to make an assumption based from what I've seen.

*SPOILER ALERT*

There was a side-storyline called [Subconscious Crack] which allowed the player see Lucid's past after completing the quest.

However as seen for my quest in-progress, "Can proceed to the quest [Subconscious Crack] Sixth Memory", the only conclusion that I can come up to is:

The second, as bumbertyr is saying. There's a bit more dialog after beating Lucid, and unfortunately I don't know what that is since me nor my guild-mates can even beat one/tenth of Lucid's HP bars.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    @Its2Sharp4U
    In that case, I stand by what I said earlier: I think we should have a "story Lucid" that normal players can beat, so we can see the end of the story.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    What's weird is the Maplestory Wikia says her sixth memory is the one where she lulz at the allliance and does the thingy after seeing the thingy. But that's definitely from the fifth quest.

Looking at my recordings, it seems the wiki split the first memory into two? Or is that just how it is in KMS?
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited January 2017
    I disagree with this because right now 90% of the populations can´t beat her doesnt mean its going to stay that way forever
    i believe in due time they will release more things to make people stronger since she is not even the final boss
    soo just wait it took maybe 1 or 2 years to actually beat most bosses after they released them
    you name it Jr,Balrog for starters was one shoting people back then but now any normal attack will kill it
    then zakum used to last 1+ hours with 2 partys of 6 people
    then when horntail came you only needed one party but it still took a massive amount of time to beat
    i dont remember how long it took to beat pinkbean and empress but it wasnt more than 1 year cause they
    now even that only a few partyes can kill hard lotus and who knows maybe soon damien as well?
    its just a matter of time to reach that content but when thats available something else will be locked for a while
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    What Yakudle has said. Maplestory and every MMO that has been powercreeped follows the same pattern. New end game boss which only a tiny fraction of players can kill. These player monetize new items. A year later a slightly larger pool of players can defeat new boss. Another year later a lot of end-game players can beat boss. Latest item's price deflates and repeat.

CRA equips cost like 50mil clean now. I can see 2 Ryudes for 5-8bil and not selling in Windia. When Ryudes first came out people were bidding $100+ for it.

If there is to be an easy Lucid just for the sake of story completion, it should not drop anything.

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    genji123
    genji123 said:

What Yakudle has said. Maplestory and every MMO that has been powercreeped follows the same pattern. New end game boss which only a tiny fraction of players can kill. These player monetize new items. A year later a slightly larger pool of players can defeat new boss. Another year later a lot of end-game players can beat boss. Latest item's price deflates and repeat.

CRA equips cost like 50mil clean now. I can see 2 Ryudes for 5-8bil and not selling in Windia. When Ryudes first came out people were bidding $100+ for it.

If there is to be an easy Lucid just for the sake of story completion, it should not drop anything.

the minimal drops i was thinking of was more along the lines of lachelein symbols, not drops towards her arcane gear.