[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

RIP EURO IP players

SwordBossSwordBoss
Reactions: 815
edited October 2016 in Rants and Raves
After they reapplied the update they blocked all of my euro buddies from being able to get on again :( . What's the point of IP blocks? Everyone who wants to play GMS can just use a VPN in Europe or where ever so what's the big deal?
  1. Should Out-of-Country IPs be Blocked?7 votes
    1. Ye
       14% (1 vote)
    2. Nah
       86% (6 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    It's a matter of licensing agreements. Nexon Europe is licensed to serve the western European region. Nexon America is licensed to service North and Central Americas, the Middle East and Oceania(Australia, New Zealand, etc).

Part of the licensing requires blocking regions that have their own service from connecting. That's why each region's players cannot connect to another region's service.
  • SwordBossSwordBoss
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

It's a matter of licensing agreements. Nexon Europe is licensed to serve the western European region. Nexon America is licensed to service North and Central Americas, the Middle East and Oceania(Australia, New Zealand, etc).

Part of the licensing requires blocking regions that have their own service from connecting. That's why each region's players cannot connect to another region's service.
    That's true, however look how LoL handled it: they accomplished the same goal, only without IP blocks. Also, I feel like your argument is invalid, considering GMS and EMS are 2 completely different animals, if they didn't have differences or only had slim differences I could understand it.