[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Better hurry and level past 210 while u still can

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited January 2017 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
at least while it's still easy, by grinding at Arcane River.

According to the latest KMS update Arcane River gets nerfed. (I know this is non GMS related, but please do not move this post to Non GMS related forums as I believe players NEED to see this in the general discussion thread as more players go to this section of the forums than Non-GMS section.)

Sauce: http://www.insoya.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=maple_info&category=17&divpage=2&no=35931

Exp drops 50% while hp drops to <70% original HP

So those who have been 1hko-ing these things are going to lose dramatic exp while players who have been struggling will gain more EXP (in theory).

Comments

• EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    That's stupid
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Wow thats a evil way to destroy a grinding place.
    I mean do they really think there are other places with good exp.
    Well rip arcane river
    TRIGGERED
    gvnalmanza
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Isn't the Union Card System gonna make exp easier to get though?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    The Union system grants access to cubes, potential scrolls, drop rate buffs, and leveling potions (only usable in certain level ranges), but not EXP directly.

Vanishing Journey mobs have had their EXP cut approximately 50%, except for Arma and Arma's Followers, which remain the same.

I would note that the Arcane Force requirements on Vanishing Journey mobs has been lowered as well. Also, only Vanishing Journey mobs have had their EXP lowered, and at level 210+ it's recommended you visit Chu Chu Island instead.
    JettLuvsU
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2017
    Neospector

I would note that the Arcane Force requirements on Vanishing Journey mobs has been lowered as well. Also, only Vanishing Journey mobs have had their EXP lowered, and at level 210+ it's recommended you visit Chu Chu Island instead.
    YEah that's the thing, though.

When you reach 210, you still probably don't have the arcane force required to go there. I'm 210 and 80% yet I still haven't gotten 100 arcane force, though really close. There's gonna be a lot of players like me stuck in limbo with mobs too hard to kill that give good exp and mobs too easy to kill that give crap exp until we get 100 arcane force to efficiently train at chu chu. They should have nerfed chu chu's requirement as well and not nerf arcane's exp gain as much as they did, you have to work 8% harder killing 2 mobs in the nerfed update to gain the same EXP as 1 current mob.

What they also should do is leave the mixed mob maps and 2/3rds of the forked road maps alone and have them still require their current amounts of Arcane force to enter so that the higher funded/higher leveled players who don't have 100 arcane force yet can still enjoy being at Vanishing Journey.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

Neospector

YEah that's the thing, though.

When you reach 210, you still probably don't have the arcane force required to go there. I'm 210 and 80% yet I still haven't gotten 100 arcane force. There's gonna be a lot of players like me stuck in limbo with mobs too hard to kill that give good exp and mobs too easy to kill that give crap exp until we get 100 arcane force to efficiently train at chu chu.

Once you clear Chu Chu Island, you'll get boosted 30 AF instantly though. If you're waiting til you have enough AF to do Chu Chu, then you should probably stop waiting and just go clear Chu Chu for the free 30 AF lol. Also so you can start doing Hungry Muto asap.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

:
    "When you reach 210, you still probably don't have the arcane force required to go there."

Maybe that's part of what they're trying to fix. If it takes you twice as many kills to get from 200 to 210, you will get more Vanishing Journey Arcane Symbols (and also nodestones) along the way, and end up with considerably more Arcane Force by the time you're able to proceed to Chu Chu Island.
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

: "Once you clear Chu Chu Island, you'll get boosted 30 AF instantly though. If you're waiting til you have enough AF to do Chu Chu, then you should probably stop waiting and just go clear Chu Chu for the free 30 AF lol. Also so you can start doing Hungry Muto asap. "

You can only really do that if you're very strong. Being over 60 AF below Skywhale Mountain's requirement, it would not be easy to clear.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited January 2017
    The fact that Arma and his followers aren't being reduced is just gonna make Map Drama even worse up there. I hate to say it, but if you're gonna nerf it all, nerf ALL of it. Otherwise you're gonna have even more drama to sort out.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    Spadow confirmed that the rates went through to the live server...... soooo yah definitely ger to 210 asap
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited January 2017
    They have always nerfed training spots, like LHC -> HoH -> SDH -> WG. But they usually end up releasing other new maps