[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bosses react to first strike + re-entry?

WenezhaWenezha
Reactions: 940
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So in general with many MMORPG games in a boss fights, there are usually boss fights that will happen in which the boss will actually stay idle and not do anything until the first attack is thrown by the player. This is demonstrated in games like Borderlands with their raid bosses, Final Fantasy XIV, and many other MMORPGs. In all honesty I'd would be interested in seeing something like this being implemented into Maplestory, as a means to prepare inside of the boss room itself. Most bossing teams usually lead the boss fight off with a bind into burst as an "opener." I'm aware that this mechanic is already in the game in the form of some bosses like Von Leon, Zakum, Pink Bean, Arkarium, etc, but it didn't make a return after the arcane river update as far as I know, where the bosses become far more challenging. It would be a small QoL change that I think would be positive on not only preparing for boss fights, but also on people that disconnect at the very start of boss fights. Imagine a scenario of disconnecting in a boss fight at the beginning (Never happened to me, I swear). And if the boss hasn't been attacked past a certain timer, I think there should be a re-entry mechanic introduced into the game, where if a player disconnects from the game very early into a boss fight, they should be allowed to re-enter the boss room instead of being dismissed from the run all together. I have nothing against Maplestory's Production team, I actually have a lot of respect for the work they put in. However I'd be wrong not to express my concern for the problems that persist like disconnection and latency issues. As some of my friends who play in Korean Maple, while living in the American continent, have just as much latency as they do on GMS.
  1. Good suggestion?5 votes
    1. Yes
       80% (4 votes)
    2. No
       20% (1 vote)

Comments

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    I don't know about the second bit because I barely play with a party.

For the first bit though, you have a room before the boss where you can fully prepare and buff before going in, making the first hit reach unnecessary. It works in FFXIV because you are placed in the boss room from whenever you were before and without any preparation room beforehand.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    I don't know about the second bit because I barely play with a party.

For the first bit though, you have a room before the boss where you can fully prepare and buff before going in, making the first hit reach unnecessary. It works in FFXIV because you are placed in the boss room from whenever you were before and without any preparation room beforehand.

That doesn't help with people who have potato computers and take a literal minute or so to load the screen, especially with a party full of people who are spamming their flashy skills. Before I bought my new PC I had to factor in a death per phase for Lucid because I would not load the screen before I was already dead, essentially making me run with 8 lives per attempt. Going into Lotus p1 was a guaranteed death as the laser would pass through me before I could load, and many other bosses have punishing mechanics that screw people over like that.

It would be something very simple to implement and wouldn't really affect anything in any meaningful way.
    Dnaman101FuhreakHuskyDMdarik