[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Help

JackrocksJackrocks
Reactions: 300
edited October 2019 in General Chat
Hey so I play on Reboot, I haven't gotten far im level 136 paladin currently. I just was wanting to know how to gear up and get mesos, is selling perm nx a good way to make mesos or is there a better way? I'm kind of at the point where I'm struggling to find gear so any tips on getting gear are appreciated too.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Well first and foremost, you aren't gonna be selling anything to make money on reboot unless it's garbage to an npc.
  • JackrocksJackrocks
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Well first and foremost, you aren't gonna be selling anything to make money on reboot unless it's garbage to an npc.

oh yea I forgot lmao, so what can I do then to get gear? after like 140+
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2019
    Equipment set progression
    Pensalir -> Necromancer -> Von Leon -> Empress -> Chaos Root Abyss and Tyrants -> Absolab -> Arcane

Von Leon requires an hour pre-quest to fight, hard mode and the daily quest in this area drop stuff to make the Noble Ifia's Ring.
    Empress requires a somewhat short pre-quest, recommended to bring a healing familiar like Mr. Ali (15% per 10 sec, somewhat rare drop), Platoon Chronos (10% per 10 sec, low drop rate), Mutant Snail (15% per 10 second for entire party, super rare), and potential "+1/2/3 second invincibility when attacked" on top/overall.

Zakum drops face and eye accessory.
    Magnus drops shoulder, and badge.
    Horntail drops a ring, earrings, pendent (part of pq set, but does not get good bonus stat).
    Arkarium drops a nicer pendent than Horntail (and rarely the dominator pendent).
    Pink Bean drops pocket item, a nice belt and a better face accessory than Zakum.
    Hell mode Gollux drops pendent and belt, gollux coin shop has ring and earring. These 4 form a nice set bonus, but has weaker bonus stats.

JackrocksFuhreak
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    To add to Rexaar get the Solid, Reinforced and Superior Gollux rings as they are considered the best in the game, the Gollux set effects are some of the strongest in the game. If you don't mind the slightly tedious quest you can do the Hiezan Temple prequests to get Hayato's Treasure, a shoulder with the same stats as the Empress shoulder and Kanna's Treasure, a ring with the same stats as a Meister Ring, and when worn together give you an extra 3% Damage, and can be worn alongside 6 Empress items to get the set effects.
    JackrocksFuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    To add onto what Husky said(I swear I'm not continuing this trend to meme), keep in mind that the hiezan temple shoulder and ring, as well as gollux rings and earrings, are once per character. If you're playing reboot it's absolutely vital that you know this. If you blow them up with starforce, you will never get a replacement.

And yes, we're all acutely aware of how ridiculous that is, but nexon doesn't seem to view it as being a problem.
    JackrocksFuhreakDnaman101