[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Earth-Cleaving Lightning

Dnaman101Dnaman101
Reactions: 2,025
edited October 2019 in General Chat
does anyone know if these still drop from Poison Poopa in Aqua? I finally finished Empress' Might (Lunar Dew) with the 2x event...would really like to finish this so i can get my Shark Wave...i know that it has a low drop rate

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2019
    Yes, if you're asking after an hour of hunting, the drop rate is like 5x or more lower than lunar dew
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    This quest exists to test your own sanity. The drop rate is so low that you'll be constantly checking if you're killing the right mob.
    Don't give in if you really want the skill, yes you're killing the right mob. Yes it can still drop. Yes you can still get the skill.

Source: I have Oz's Flame Gear as of about 1 year ago. + Recently people have obtained the items on Maple Central Discord.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for letting me know and "thanks for the great news"...i thought Lunar Dew was bad enough (which i finished in 1h 20m ish with 2x + 50% + Mutant Ribbon Pig)...and now i find out that the quest i wanted to complete is a lot harder to get drops and move around. *sign*

Edit: Also on a side note...i don't really see the point of Empress' Might...not worth all the work for it...should get rid of it or just make it to where you can get this quest when you are within level
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Dnaman101 wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know and "thanks for the great news"...i thought Lunar Dew was bad enough (which i finished in 1h 20m ish with 2x + 50% + Mutant Ribbon Pig)...and now i find out that the quest i wanted to complete it a lot harder to get drops and move around. *sign*

Edit: Also on a side note...i don't really see the point of Empress' Might...not worth all the work for it...should get rid of it or just make it to where you can get this quest when you are within level

The point is Legacy Maple Content. There isn't much point to the skills, either.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited November 2019
    nostalgia and the fact i've always loved Shark Wave