[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Military Discount

GhamanpreetGhamanpreet
Reactions: 300
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

I would like to suggest a military discount for NX cash, prepaid or credit. Perhaps provide an extra 10% NX for these purchases for verified military members. The military status can easily be verified by https://www.id.me/business/groups/military. This would be greatly appreciated by the players who serve in the U.S. military, as well as be a great way to add incentive for such players to purchase NX.
  1. Military Discount on NX credit/prepaid?10 votes
    1. Yes
       10% (1 vote)
    2. No
       90% (9 votes)
    3. DEFINITELY!
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Just screw all the non-US military members, huh?
    FuhreakEvanAyyLmao
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2019
    What is difference between Yes and DEFINITELY?
    Fuhreak
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    While we're at it add a discount for broke college kids, single moms and dads, mentally or physically disabled people, recovering addicts and abuse victims, and so on.
    And only U.S. based people in need, of course.

Real answer though, the game is already free. NX is a luxury and not a necessity, there is also numerous ways of getting Maple Points in-game without spending a single dollar.
    If Nexon were to actually implement any type of targeted discounts it'd just be for a quick PR stunt. So maybe you can look forward to when they remove kishin or the next piece of content and they suddenly need to look good. But again, just to U.S. based people.
    FuhreakPetalmagicAggraphineKlaraWONDERGUYdarik
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    While we're at it add a discount for broke college kids, single moms and dads, mentally or physically disabled people, recovering addicts and abuse victims, and so on.

Real answer though, the game is already free. NX is a luxury and not a necessity, there is also numerous ways of getting Maple Points in-game without spending a single dollar.
    If Nexon were to actually implement any type of targeted discounts it'd just be for a quick PR stunt. So maybe you can look forward to when they remove kishin or the next piece of content and they suddenly need to look good. But again, just to U.S. based people.

I wouldn't say it is a 100% not a necessity, even in Reboot you are in need of a pet, but that's beyond the point of the post.

To OP: I don't agree on discount for only a very specific group of people, its not a public service or museum trip, its an online game.

• HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »

I wouldn't say it is a 100% not a necessity, even in Reboot you are in need of a pet, but that's beyond the point of the post.

To OP: I don't agree on discount for only a very specific group of people, its not a public service or museum trip, its an online game.

Last time I checked Hilla's Blackheart was entirely free. You also get a free Snail at the start and then a Puffram via tutorial. And event pets are also free.
    But yes, my point is that there is no obligatory entry fee or check out point where you would otherwise get a military discount, student discount or senior discount.
    Fuhreak
  • GhamanpreetGhamanpreet
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2019

Retail shopping centers provide such a discount, and they are not entirely a necessity, but also a luxury also. What's the difference? Nothing, I'm just saying it would be cool to have that option for military members, and it doesn't entirely have to be limited to US military, but rather any military members throughout GMS. You might be opposed to it as you are probably the majority of the players who aren't military members, but I'm just speaking on behalf of the minority of players who are. Whether you agree with it or not, it's not a terrible idea.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited November 2019
    Retail shopping centers provide such a discount, and they are not entirely a necessity, but also a luxury also. What's the difference? Nothing, I'm just saying it would be cool to have that option for military members, and it doesn't entirely have to be limited to US military, but rather any military members throughout GMS. You might be opposed to it as you are probably the majority of the players who aren't military members, but I'm just speaking on behalf of the minority of players who are. Whether you agree with it or not, it's not a terrible idea.

its not american only game/company so it wont happend
    any kind of army support will lead to conflict with other that dont agree with american or other army ideology (dosnt matter who is wrong or right)
    i wont go in to politics ,and other things like some that can end at nexon ameirca HQ shutdown where majority comes from places that are in "war" with america
    breaking news
    "asian company in america suports american army that is in "war" with those asian countrys and other around the world "
    so yea its terrible idea.

nexon :@@@@@@@@@
    Moving forward, we will strive to keep Maple World a politically neutral environment for all of our players.

but if they are so desperate for attention to get some players back or maybe lose even more go for it , they can start with other things firsty though... but as nexonNA wants
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019

Not all businesses provide military discounts. Dig around on /r/talesfromretail to see the almighty shitfit some people throw when they learn this fact.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Retail shopping centers provide such a discount, and they are not entirely a necessity, but also a luxury also. What's the difference? Nothing, I'm just saying it would be cool to have that option for military members, and it doesn't entirely have to be limited to US military, but rather any military members throughout GMS.
    "Retail shopping centers", there is your difference. The game is free. There is your discount.
    You know as well as I do that there is no way Nexon would implement a (functional) system to verify military members across the world, and then offer them a discount. They've already made it clear that they don't want to associate with politics. I don't imagine they'd take a public stand and offer discounts to military members of several countries.
    Even verifying students across the world would be difficult.
    The only discount that would be somewhat easily verified is seniors.
    You might be opposed to it as you are probably the majority of the players who aren't military members, but I'm just speaking on behalf of the minority of players who are. Whether you agree with it or not, it's not a terrible idea.
    Ah the classic limp "you disagree because it doesn't apply to you" argument, based on nothing but personal bias and thoughtless assumption.
    No, I disagree because it makes no sense to implement it as I explained before.

I can't think of any other global online game, free or otherwise, that offers military discounts on their currency or subscription. But please give examples if you have any so that we can examine the differences.
    Fuhreak
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Retail shopping centers provide such a discount

Then buy Karma Koin from those retail shops that give a military discount?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Retail shopping centers provide such a discount

Then buy Karma Koin from those retail shops that give a military discount?

Hilariously, gift cards(and currency cards such as karma koin et al) are typically exempt from any sort of discount. You pay the amount given on the card. Stands to reason, given that gift cards and such are basically straight money, even if it's been put into a more limited form.

My point is that, in 29 years, I've never seen a single sale or discount apply toward gift cards or currency cards.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2019
    I would like a minority discount or else nexon is racist
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »
    I would like a minority discount or else nexon is racist

The most troll move Nexon can do is allow a discount to those serving the Republic of Korea's army and not those serving the United States or elsewhere. It would be hilarious if you can only get a discount on Nexon America's virtual currency by serving in Korea.
    WONDERGUYHHG1