[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Why doesn't Reboot have bonus pots?

EuropaEuropa
Reactions: 750
edited November 2019 in General Chat
I'm not trying to critique nexon na (kor)

I'm just genuinely curious as to why it wasn't added.

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2019
    Short answer: We don't know for certain.
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    It keeps a tiny bit of complexity out of Reboot (Poor excuse) while also making reboot considerably harder to grow stronger on. (The real reason)
    Reboot was advertised as a server that was supposed to be harder than normal servers. This is why we don't have scrolls or BPot.
    I don't think it needs them, either. People have already proven that leveling up is easier on reboot, let's not make bossing easier as well.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    It keeps a tiny bit of complexity out of Reboot (Poor excuse) while also making reboot considerably harder to grow stronger on. (The real reason)
    Reboot was advertised as a server that was supposed to be harder than normal servers. This is why we don't have scrolls or BPot.
    I don't think it needs them, either. People have already proven that leveling up is easier on reboot, let's not make bossing easier as well.

It takes a little more work, but reboot players haven't had any worse time of things(other than blowing stuff up) than people on other servers have had.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

It takes a little more work, but reboot players haven't had any worse time of things(other than blowing stuff up) than people on other servers have had.

Now imagine if we (reboot players) get BPot/Scrolls/Other Non-Reboot stuff.
    Reboot can basically keep pace with the normal servers, sure. But it's only that way because we don't have all the other stuff.
    As you said, it takes a little more work. That's absolutely the way it should be.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019

Reboot can basically keep pace with the normal servers, sure. But it's only that way because we don't have all the other stuff.
    As you said, it takes a little more work. That's absolutely the way it should be.

Hes talking only bout bpot not about other stuff non reboot players have. Lets focus on the subject.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    darik wrote: »

Hes talking only bout bpot not about other stuff non reboot players have. Lets focus on the subject.

It's a question based on why it doesn't have bpot. This question has been answered.
    If the question wants to be shifted towards "Should it be added" other forms of non-Reboot improvement are relevant to the subject.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited November 2019
    Only reason I can think of is that they don't want a f2w server to out-damage a p2w server.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019

I absolutely was not talking "only bout" bonus potential you muppet. I was referring to the entire server as one whole, that for all the things reboot lacks, they've stayed pretty much on the same pace as regular servers for clearing content.
  • darikdarik
    edited November 2019

I absolutely was not talking "only bout" bonus potential you muppet. I was referring to the entire server as one whole, that for all the things reboot lacks, they've stayed pretty much on the same pace as regular servers for clearing content.

I was talking to furreak my dear agraphine
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019
    Yes, you were. Who in turn was responding, in blockquote, to a post of mine. Which you seemed to misinterpret.
  • darikdarik
    edited November 2019
    Yes, you were. Who in turn was responding, in blockquote, to a post of mine. Which you seemed to misinterpret.

Nah
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019

Nah

You want to die on this hill? Fine.

smJpzvc.png
  • darikdarik
    edited November 2019

Nah

You want to die on this hill? Fine.

smJpzvc.png

You really love to have the last word dont you? ;)
This discussion has been closed.