[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

i hear this more & more

JennnnnnnnnnJennnnnnnnnn
Reactions: 1,065
edited November 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
if there is any way to make maplestory seem less like a JOB and more like a game, we would love it. i don't exactly know how to do this but this is one way the game can improve

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Grab a friend, make a party. Talk to them while playing. There you go.
    You can easily make your fun while playing the game. I for one care only about the story and zero about progression.
    Others care more (or only) about progression. Some people just like to collect as many chairs/titles/achievements as possible.
    Nexon is constantly adding new content to the game. If you think the game feels like a job, maybe it's time to stop playing it for awhile.
  • 0AN10AN1
    Reactions: 335
    edited November 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Others care more (or only) about progression. Some people just like to collect as many chairs/titles/achievements as possible.
    Sometimes, people think this a PvP game and try to compete with others. Stats wise, every class is based differently. If they are feeling like MS is a job it's because they are spending a lot of time trying to get something out of the game other than fun. No one has beat MS. Yes some have achieved level 275 but then again, there is the legion and I don't think anyone has a maxed legion. Take your time, play the game and earn your equips. Glhf
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    0AN1 wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Sometimes, people think this a PvP game and try to compete with others. Stats wise, every class is based differently. If they are feeling like MS is a job it's because they are spending a lot of time trying to get something out of the game other than fun. No one has beat MS. Yes some have achieved level 275 but then again, there is the legion and I don't think anyone has a maxed legion. Take your time, play the game and earn your equips. Glhf

Some people get so damn sweaty over a stupid mushroom game, it's unreal.

As to the lack of party-centric measures, it's a negative feedback loop of sorts. People want to challenge themselves to solo something, nexon sees this and cuts back on implementing party-play mechanics, players see this and out come the solo-story memes and the challenge becomes the norm, nexon sees this and determines the shift of focus from party-orientated basic content to be the right call. Etc ad infinitum.
    FuhreakArch_Alyssa