[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Uuuum Maintenance still going?

Comments

• 0AN10AN1
    Reactions: 335
    edited November 2019
    Now for the 16GB download and then a look see before bed. HF
    WONDERGUY
  • 0AN10AN1
    Reactions: 335
    edited November 2019
    Download complete. I keep dcing. Is it just me?
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    many of us will have missed a day by the time it is up. I will not be able to do the 300 daily kill =[

If you're talking about November 20, we were told in the maintenance notice to complete our dailies before maintenance starts. We had 18 hours to do it.
    If you're talking about November 21, assuming the game is up at 11PM PST as currently estimated, we'll have 17 hours to do its dailies.

Yeah some of us have these things called JOBS and need this other thing called SLEEP. The time that I am able to spend playing after I get off work has already up and flown away. If the game is up in the next 20 min or so I might be able to do some things quick, but the rest of that "17 hours" is a no go for anyone working a normal shift in many time zones.

Okay cool, you have a job and need sleep. Welcome to the goddamn club.

I hate it when people get all snotty at extended downtime because "SOME OF US HAVE TO WORK YOU KNOW". Like, what are you expecting here? Do you want a standing ovation for being gainfully employed while also playing a video game? Would you like me to upload a video of myself applauding your grand achievement? No? Then sit the **** down and wait like everyone else. And if you miss a day, so what? The events are probably going to run into January, so one day out of almost 90 is nothing.

In a different way: if missing a day in months-long events is that big of a setback to you I would strongly urge you to reevaluate what you view as priorities in your life.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Reactions: 445
    edited November 2019
    my game keeps crashing now since i made my terra burning character :(
    WONDERGUY
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Lol, I love the people who complain about maintenance time because they're also probably the people who would be the first one to complain about poor maintance if there's a bug. Meaning if Nexon did a botched maint. and had bugs everywhere, the same people would be flaming Nexon for doing a poor maint. instead of flaming them for a long, proper maint. Personally, I'd take a day of missed dailies over a day of getting frustrated over broken dailies /trying to rush broken dailies + an unscheduled maint.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Lol, I love the people who complain about maintenance time because they're also probably the people who would be the first one to complain about poor maintance if there's a bug. Meaning if Nexon did a botched maint. and had bugs everywhere, the same people would be flaming Nexon for doing a poor maint. instead of flaming them for a long, proper maint. Personally, I'd take a day of missed dailies over a day of getting frustrated over broken dailies /trying to rush broken dailies + an unscheduled maint.

It really is a catch-22 for nexon in most things. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I'm not saying nexon doesn't do things deserving of scorn or reproach, but literally anything happens that isn't a net positive the subreddit has three pages of memes regarding it.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited November 2019
    i "love" the people who know the game is doing **** and just make "fun" of other who say that game is doing ****

when nexonNA says maintenance/update/patch on xx-xx-xxxx it will take x hours things should be done and working 80%+ , if not revert and set the time/date for other time when things get to work
    we are geting broken content + unscheduled maint anyway (maplers in GMS dosent have voice/power to change it)

or be like boredphine and search for arguments around untill gamble adiction calmsdown on next DMT/maravel/philo
    darikShadEight
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    i "love" the people who know the game is doing **** and just make "fun" of other who say that game is doing ****

when nexonNA says maintenance/update/patch on xx-xx-xxxx it will take x hours things should be done and working 80%+ , if not revert and set the time/date for other time when things get to work
    we are geting broken content + unscheduled maint anyway (maplers in GMS dosent have voice/power to change it)

or be like boredphine and search for arguments around untill gamble adiction calmsdown on next DMT/maravel/philo

This isn't even Nexon NA's fault most likely. More likely they get the patch files from Korea, without the means to test them properly.
    Then they estimate how long it will take based on what they got. Then problems show up because Korea isn't as familiar with the GMS client.
    Nexon tells Korea that problems showed up and has to wait for them to fix stuff.

They could just set patch notes for an hour or two out of what they expect it to take.
    But here's the real kicker. Nexon is actually being... TRANSPARENT about this. Exactly what maplers are asking for.
    What do they get in return for this transparency? Nothing but flak. Gee, I wonder why they're hesitant to tell us things.
    Like YinYangX said, I'd much prefer this than them put a server up and hope for the best. At least they're trying to catch some stuff without making us do it.
    As far as bugs making it in and needing unscheduled maint anyway despite them doing this, again, this is probably because they lack proper equipment/time/staff for proper testing.

Nexon doesn't need to be defended on much, but there's not much they can do here other than open up test servers before major patches.
    Which for a company that is bleeding money, probably isn't the best use of their funds.
    scholar624
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    WONDERGUY wrote: »

This isn't even Nexon NA's fault most likely. More likely they get the patch files from Korea, without the means to test them properly.
    Then they estimate how long it will take based on what they got. Then problems show up because Korea isn't as familiar with the GMS client.
    Nexon tells Korea that problems showed up and has to wait for them to fix stuff.

They could just set patch notes for an hour or two out of what they expect it to take.
    But here's the real kicker. Nexon is actually being... TRANSPARENT about this. Exactly what maplers are asking for.
    What do they get in return for this transparency? Nothing but flak. Gee, I wonder why they're hesitant to tell us things.
    Like YinYangX said, I'd much prefer this than them put a server up and hope for the best. At least they're trying to catch some stuff without making us do it.
    As far as bugs making it in and needing unscheduled maint anyway despite them doing this, again, this is probably because they lack proper equipment/time/staff for proper testing.

Nexon doesn't need to be defended on much, but there's not much they can do here other than open up test servers before major patches.
    Which for a company that is bleeding money, probably isn't the best use of their funds.

U sound so confident when in reality u got no idea what ure talking about unless u work for nexon
    But i agree nexon needs more transparency,all gaming companies tbh.
    WONDERGUYFuhreakShadEight
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019
    I mean, I know for a fact that they have very few QA employees. Last I heard there are only like two or three at most.

Good luck being a two- or three-man team and catching every single thing that could conceivably break in a timely pre-patch fashion.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited November 2019
    its nexonNA fault 100% , ( nexon korea is doing all best but its out of their power to work on other game problems too)
    nexonNA should stop hype things without being sure its working properly (dosnt mattter if its copy-paste or not)
    when nexonNA copy-paste so much they can also make copy of the last GMS server and patch that then test as much as needed instead of their emty GMS tepsia
    no need go straight to live version and risk it like allways then run back and cry to nexon korea for fix
    no one care for glory update or all other broken updates over the years if they dont work just for the sake we got some new animation...
    we can see from other servers and play it if we want so much

their private server test should be open for players like in KMST ( we allready know what we are geting even before GMS team lol , so they should stop the excuse its going to be spoilers and what not... learn from KMS seriously... )
    I'd take a day to be like KMS over a day of getting frustrated from GMS code - unscheduled maint.
    GMS its not only the world and can use that as advantage to learn whats broken and what not
    but oh well as usual in GMS get used or quit...
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    darik wrote: »

U sound so confident when in reality u got no idea what ure talking about unless u work for nexon

Sure. It's just a theory craft. But I'd say it's more constructive than just throwing out more bashing of Nexon.
    We already know Nexon needs to improve. Let's show them that we're willing to give them that chance and not bash them for everything they do though.
    They're at least honest about when they think it's going to end and honest about not only predictions on how long it will take, but even going as far as to what the situation is. Not many game companies would be that transparent about last minute fixing being applied to the servers.
    We're focusing on the wrong issue when we bash them for maint time being wrong. We should be bashing them for not using test servers instead.
    scholar624
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019
    darik wrote: »

Sure. It's just a theory craft. But I'd say it's more constructive than just throwing out more bashing of Nexon.
    We already know Nexon needs to improve. Let's show them that we're willing to give them that chance and not bash them for everything they do though.
    They're at least honest about when they think it's going to end and honest about not only predictions on how long it will take, but even going as far as to what the situation is. Not many game companies would be that transparent about last minute fixing being applied to the servers.
    We're focusing on the wrong issue when we bash them for maint time being wrong. We should be bashing them for not using test servers instead.

They have test servers. They also have 2-3 QA staff. The problems people choose to complain about are symptoms of a larger issue.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

They have test servers. They also have 2-3 QA staff. The problems people choose to complain about are symptoms of a larger issue.

Perhaps they should streamline the process of getting a test server up for GMS before major patches. I don't think anyone will care if the text is untranslated.
    They can work on translation last and we can just test the content itself for bugs. More QA staff would be great, sure.
    But it's not going to be able to compare to hundreds of test users running around trying to break stuff.
    When I say test servers, I hope it's clear that I mean public test servers.
    WONDERGUY