[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ban Data from 11/14/2019 - 11/20/2019

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited November 2019 in Announcements
Please see below for the ban data covering: 11/14/2019 - 11/20/2019

Ban reason: Advertising
Number of characters banned: 113
Number of accounts banned: 110

Ban reason: Hacking/Botting
Number of characters banned: 166,087
Number of accounts banned: 162,897

Full list of banned characters: http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/54266

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019
    its amazing how fast hackers can make accounts and hack with them,is there any way to avoid in some way the making of so many accounts in some way by one person?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    darik wrote: »
    its amazing how fast hackers can make accounts and hack with them,is there any way to avoid in some way the making of so many accounts in some way by one person?

According to various things I've seen mentioned in posts/comments on the subreddit, they have something in place that catches bulk-created accounts and bans them all en masse. I'm not sure how any of it works beyond what I've gleaned from comments though so...
    darik
  • WirsindeinsWirsindeins
    Reactions: 850
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    According to various things I've seen mentioned in posts/comments on the subreddit, they have something in place that catches bulk-created accounts and bans them all en masse. I'm not sure how any of it works beyond what I've gleaned from comments though so...

The most precise explanation I ever got was that the system auto-flags any accounts if more than some number are made in a single day under a single IP, or a larger number within a month by one IP, etc. I don't remember the exact numbers, or know if it's entirely accurate, but I seem to remember them mentioning that it's hinted at in the terms of service.
    darik
  • 0tree0tree
    Reactions: 205
    edited November 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

The most precise explanation I ever got was that the system auto-flags any accounts if more than some number are made in a single day under a single IP, or a larger number within a month by one IP, etc. I don't remember the exact numbers, or know if it's entirely accurate, but I seem to remember them mentioning that it's hinted at in the terms of service.

KMS and any other korean websites ONLY accept emails from certified domains. they will at least have a phone number to create an account, if not more information like social number or PIC(korean).

I feel like the best way to stop this bulk-creatting hacking accounts is only accepting Google emails and maybe yahoo & microsoft mails.

no eggs -> no chickens LUL
  • nidhddVnidhddV
    Reactions: 370
    edited November 2019
    This is ironic. Many people who were falsely banned were still permanently banned. The hackers are still active in the game to create new accounts. Many people have already given up this game and will not spend a lot of time and energy on it. As long as NEXON does not solve the problem of this hacker well, more and more innocent people will be implicated.
  • Dong0511Dong0511
    I just started playing yesterday and got falsely banned. please help me to solve this problem, Thankyou.