[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

SUICIDE KANNA CONSIDERED ILLEGAL NOW

rementusrementus
Reactions: 620
edited November 2019 in Rants and Raves
I'm sorry but what? Without being as negative as I can, NEXON has literally just removed Reboot's early-game progression. The inability to create a 149 Kanna to suicide at ByeBye has literally destroyed any player without an Arcane farmer. Considering how GMS still only has 20 channels, farming is going to be almost impossible now. I don't understand why NEXON can't just accept the fact that their autoban system is a complete waste of time and just purge that instead?

IMO, there are three fixes.
FIX 1: Remove the meso/exp penalty cap. There was no reason at all to add this feature at all and to punish players after one year of ByeBye meta without an advanced warning shows how incompetent and isolated NEXON is to their MapleStory community. This is backed up by their "Bean Brigade" making actual tutorials on how to start a suicide kanna without any response from Nexon.
Fix 2: Provide some way for Reboot to get mesos without farming completely. Keep in mind that this method shouldn't be providing mesos that would make progress slow (like your horrible meso bags that were available in the cash shop), but instead to incentivize players to use this method. Something like a daily rewards thing that can build up mesos from 100m to slowly rise to a daily 1b possibly? (Off the top of my head, but you get the idea).
Fix 3: Remove the stance on suicide kanna or even better; add a function to lock your exp bar. This removes the whole idea of suicide kanna and players can still farm mesos without breaking the ToS.

Obviously, the best fix would be fix 1, but knowing Nexon's supposed staff keeping an "eye out for our feedback" this wouldn't even reach anyone at Nexon HQ. Also, add incentives for your players to play BY ACTUALLY REMOVING THE AUTO-BAN SYSTEM ENTIRELY. Have the system automatically tag the player and have actual people inspect the players. Completely restart your Customer Service team. A lot of dedicated people are willing to lend a hand to you, but you refuse their help and spit in their face. Have your customer service team have good rep on MapleStory or people that have actually played the game.

Sloppy and frustrated rant.

TL;DR
Nexon considers SuiKanna illegal
1. Remove meso/EXP cap. (most wanted)
2. Provide method for Reboot to gain mesos (an actual good amount) without farming. (least wanted)
3. Remove stance on SuiKanna and/or add function to lock EXP bar.
Replace and fix your Autoban system, customer service, and GMs.
  1. Are any of these agreeable ideas?15 votes
    1. Yes
       60% (9 votes)
    2. No
       40% (6 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    Fix 4: adapt to the change, much as was done when the level restriction was first put into place, similarly to when mp3 and the ghost ship were removed with singapore. But that'd make too much sense, and I foresee you and others coming to whine at me for this post.

If you really sit down and think about it. And I mean actually think about it beyond how this is going to affect your meso-per-hour rates and whatever HOW DARE THEY you feel, they're not explicitly wrong to say that dying over and over to keep a character at a specific level to take advantage of a single map for as long as you have need of it is not an intended way of playing the game. I don't know any game that actively rewards you for repeatedly killing yourself to remain at a specific level.
    HHG1Fuhreak
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited November 2019
    The decision on this ruling means that it will make it theoretically harder for hackers to gain mesos, since the most efficient way now is found in Arcana., and thus, they will be easier to identify. The hackers can still hack of course, but now they can't hide behind a gray-area in legitimized farming and have to grind for that primo spot, like everyone else. And like everyone else, they'll have about 240 levels and preparations to stay "clean"; getting banned from all that work up to that point will deal a critical blow for any subsequent attempts.

Now if only we lived in a vacuum, that decision would be the only necessary answer. Whatever goodwill this decision has on hackers weighs too heavily on casual and hardcore players alike. Since daddy KMS sees regular grinding as farming "good enough", they obviously do not think there should be any progressive attempts to positively change the rhythm. Ursus is the only key daily meso maker, and other avenues for profit are significantly less valuable or take more time. It's okay to grind for levels but when it comes to mesos, apparently you have to jump many hoops and under certain restrictions to do that. Got to slow that progression down or else no one will p(l)ay the game.

Now of course, this decision will also create some logistical problems. Will this inevitably bottleneck certain maps now that byebye is bye-bye? Are they really telling us to make Kannas, effectively many player's non-main, a lvl 240 char so that they can comfortably mesofarm? How will not mesofarming affect the fun of the game? (Seeing as I already have a arcanafarmer just "recently", it was like having just enough mesos, to being able to freely buy anything you want). Will this affect SF and cubes? Will Nexon allow people to jump around these restrictions somehow, like dying every half-hour/other time interval instead of of consecutively?

Of course, these decisions is decidedly an indifference on Reboot's problems', and we all know why. I've vaguely talked about your point for fix 2, but any fixes are off the table simply because of the nature of Reboot. Nexon made the primary servers for a reason, and frankensteining an alternate style of game instead of fixing the main game's problems is what led to all these exceptional circumstances. Someone will tell us it's our fault for picking Reboot and that we chose this, and I guess they were right all along. All the people who chose to play Maple through Reboot never should have gave Maple a chance at all, if they had known how difficult it is for Nexon to cater to them. They say you don't have to pay a single cent to progress in normal servers, so does this legitimize playing an inferior experience of Maple on Reboot? What's even the point?

Yea, on normal servers it's incredibly slow, but now it feels like it has become drastically slow for Reboot as well.

Anyways, point is, if they stick with the decision, it would be great if they implemented any of your fixes, but I highly doubt it.
    darikrementus
  • KStarW05KStarW05
    Reactions: 260
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Fix 4: adapt to the change, much as was done when the level restriction was first put into place, similarly to when mp3 and the ghost ship were removed with singapore. But that'd make too much sense, and I foresee you and others coming to whine at me for this post.

If you really sit down and think about it. And I mean actually think about it beyond how this is going to affect your meso-per-hour rates and whatever HOW DARE THEY you feel, they're not explicitly wrong to say that dying over and over to keep a character at a specific level to take advantage of a single map for as long as you have need of it is not an intended way of playing the game. I don't know any game that actively rewards you for repeatedly killing yourself to remain at a specific level.

Spoken like someone who either does not play on Reboot, does not farm on a Kanna, simply plays on Bera, or already has a fully geared and farming Kanna, or is just plain ignorant. If it wouldn't really affect farming rates then no one would really bother to go through the effort to do this, they'd simply just level and farm as they go up to 200 and get into Arcane River and farming there.

This game has what? 1000 players on Steam? Which means probably even less for specific regions, like NA. The fact that people do this, especially newer players trying to just get some money in a game that's very difficult in that you have to both gear a Kanna and then gear your main, which takes ages, does nothing but simply highlight the issue.
    darikruth02rementusSpairahPrideShadEight
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited November 2019
    the thing is nexon wants playtime to be longer or to fit world style they made it

farm-grind-fund for years 24/7 for free ( reboot goal )
    or play eazy pay endgame lootbox gear/ shourtcuts (non-reboot goal)

so yea thats fair changes by nexon to meet those goals
    but the ban part its unfair especially after 2months of lies in ticket systems and MEMEo that says Even though it is not related to the use of an illicit program
    but we told you something else in ticket and made you hacker
    rementus
  • rementusrementus
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

I'm not coming to whine to you for that post. However, there's still the fact that Nexon has banned players for this behavior without addressing this problem beforehand. Another problem stems from the fact that new players will have no way to farm mesos for early-game funding. Players have been using suicide method since MP3, but to suddenly remove it right before the next TERA burning event, a lot of players will remain screwed over without a source of income. The current stable method of farming for mesos right now is to get your kanna all the way to 240, a feature that definitely cannot be achieved by new players without carries, equipment, and most importantly, mesos.

To mention your last point, no other game actively rewards you for repeatedly killing yourself. However, some RPGs have a function to lock your level (shown in WoW). Reboot has no other way to gain a source of income due to the inability to merch or meso farm now. The only "stable" source is to do Ursus every day (which in reality is not accessible to everyone because it must be done within a specific time-zone for the bonus meso) or to sell the power crystals from bosses (which is actual chump change). To say that players must adapt to this change is almost impossible without an update from Nexon. Most of the maps created are impossible for farming due to some factors, making meso farming changing through levels inadequate. I await for your response, and I'm curious if you do play on Reboot. If you do, do you farm on a Kanna? What level is it? ETC. Thanks :)
    darikWONDERGUY
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited November 2019
    Why are people saying this is a 'new ruling'. Wasn't repeat dying always a bannable offence?
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited November 2019
    pepe wrote: »
    Why are people saying this is a 'new ruling'. Wasn't repeat dying always a bannable offence?
    it was rumors and gossip for while untill major "iliegit" ban wave where people started worry more and question
    nexon was avoiding straight answer even week before official change they just said
    @@@
    regarding Suicide Kanna and the possibility of it being a bannable offense.
    We have let the teams know and are looking further into the details

then quick decide its exploit and keep the bans even tho there was no use of ilegit 3rd part programs
    rementus wrote: »
    KStarW05 wrote: »
    boredphine looks for arguments and fights weekly ignore it @@@
    he will get a bit better after gamble withdrawal with DMT bonu$ pot run soon or philo strike dont worry

#4AdApTtOtHeChAnGe
    darik
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2019
    This method has been known for decades by botters and players.
    I'm surprised it became a problem recently.
    A possible solution i can think of is perhaps add a lower stage mesos and exp earning when you die for reboot only and remove the exp and mesos penalty?