[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[NEXON LAUNCHER] Game will not download.

CrispHotdogCrispHotdog
Reactions: 855
edited November 2019 in Tech Support
So thought I'd finally start playing Maplestory again and have been hit with a number of setbacks which is honestly making me reconsider.

Firstly there is no ability to download the game through the launcher during a maintanence, considering the game takes several hours to download it would be nice to have this option for returning players such as myself. Even if it's the previous version, at least the update wouldn't take long. I had to wait for maintanence to complete before I could even begin downloading... onto that.

Secondly, and more importantly, I cannot actually download the game. Everytime I start the download it gets about 100 mb in before it returns with the following error message 'the product could not be installed'. (see image) The lack of error code, or any possibile solutions to my problems is vexing. I read somewhere that I need to remove any previous register of 'maplestory' on my PC, as this was a clean install of windows I found that doubtful, but nevertheless I searched the tag in my registry to no avail.

Any support would be appreciated, though if I need to jump through too many hoops to get this to work I just won't bother.

O1y3xVA.png

Kind regards,

CrispHotdog
OldFear

Comments

• OldFearOldFear
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2019
    same here, idk how fix it
  • CrispHotdogCrispHotdog
    edited November 2019
    Just realised I didn't follow the 'conventions' on how to report bugs. Well I don't care really, I'm under no obligation to fit some sort of bill and I'm still a little vexed that such a simple thing such as downloading->playing is such a hassle.
  • EvilxEvilx
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2019
    I'm having the same problem
  • iTzPaybackiTzPayback
    I got the same issue tried everything from clearing registry > starting nexon launcher as admin > restarting computer > uninstalling and resinstalling.

Please help
  • FatZeroFatZero
    Reactions: 820
    edited November 2019
    same issue, did tried full shutdown, still stuck at 100mb installed and then verify to redownload again
  • CrispHotdogCrispHotdog
    edited November 2019
    So to those who are having issues, I ended up downloading it through steam. This by no means resolves the issue and needs to be fixed, otherwise new players will forever be blocked from playing the game.
  • socccerboysocccerboy
    Reactions: 100
    Same problem with mine atm. Apparently an OCE and SEA issue. Can we get some feedback since rather than just a character being unable to be created, the game is literally unplayable.
  • MetroTheREDMetroTheRED
    Reactions: 200
    I'm having the same issue and I posted a ticket to Nexon and their advice has not helped.
  • MedicMedic
    edited November 2019
    same issue

• DeliciousMallowsDeliciousMallows
    Reactions: 240
    edited November 2019
    Yep! Same here. It might be OCE specific. I'm from Aussie land. Really frustrated considering I am missing all the Black Friday sales...
  • MedicMedic
    edited November 2019
    I am from Australia too. Sick of this. Am missing all the events. When are you going to fix this NEXON........
  • poppecornpoppecorn
    edited December 2019
    Likewise, although the installer teases me with 80 MB installed before restarting itself (and then Product Cannot Be Installed)
  • CrispHotdogCrispHotdog
    edited December 2019
    I still have the issue as well.

But it looks like there's another thread tackling the issue and a GM has provided a link. Link to the nexon post is here.

I understand Nexon needs details from us to fix this bug, but the point stands that it would have been orders of magnitude easier to identify and fix if the launcher had proper error reporting. AND the ability to download the client whilst a maintanence/update is taking place is a crucial requirement for any launcher.
  • KeckKeck
    Reactions: 410
    BUMP!

Is everybody still having this issue? I've tried absolutely everything other than PC reformat - any Australians tried using a VPN to install? As im seeing most of the people with the issue are from the OCE.
  • IDenphIDenph
    edited December 2019

It works
  • DeliciousMallowsDeliciousMallows
    Reactions: 240
    edited December 2019
    IDenph wrote: »

It works

Thank you so much! You managed to do something a large cooperation could not do. A simple, effect solution. Appreciate it. The community is basically running the game for them at this point.

• epoxy69epoxy69
    IDenph wrote: »

It works

Thanks a bunch, it actually works. I submitted a ticket to Nexon, but to no avail. Little to no support. Terrible.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited December 2019
    Beware if you use that vpn there is a small chance to get permaban... but honestly would nexon ban someone for trying to play their game?

https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000958183-Can-I-use-VPN-to-play-Nexon-games-

• CIanielCIaniel
    Does anyone know if you can download the game with the VPN then Disconnect from the VPN to play, in order to avoid being banned?
  • MedicMedic
    edited December 2019
    CIaniel wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can download the game with the VPN then Disconnect from the VPN to play, in order to avoid being banned?

Yes i used the vpn to get the download update, then i made sure it would play. After that i uninstalled the vpn and is now still on maple. The vpn allows you to do the update.